Northern State University

« See more reviews of Northern State University

Research is the key to finding the best of anything. The internet is a good source for this research but when it comes down to it you have to go on college visits. On a college vist, one can see not only the campus but also the town. Different people have different preferences on how many people they want living in close proximity to them. A visit is also a good way to get to know how people will treat you once you get to college. There should be a friendly atmosphere to somewhere you might live in for four years. Bottom line is do some research and find whatever you like the most.

I would tell myself to keep my door open at all times, that way I could meet so many more people. I would tell myself not to worry so much about all the different kinds of people and judgement - because most people don't care. I would tell myself that college is worth it and the friends I will make are friends I will have for a lifetime. I would tell myself to get involved in a bunch of campus activites. I would tell myself that Northern State University is the right college to pick and that there is no better place to go to college and have a great socail life!

I am currently getting ready to attend an online university. I do this as I have children and this will enable me to continue to care for them and attend school. What I have already gotten out of this experience is the ability to be flexible in my life and still get what I want (in this case, a higher education). I look forward to expanding my mind and filling it with new information and building a foundation of knowledge that will enable me to create a solid career and better care for my children. Thanks!

If I could time travel I would go back and tell myself to talk to more people. Talk to more professors, more freshmen, more upper classmen, more foriegn students. I would tell myself to be more open to new things. I wish I could go back and walk around the halls of my dorm and introduce myself to more people. I think that if I would have done those things I would have had an easier time during my first semester.

I would tell parents and/or students to definately find a college where they are comfortable. A campus shouldn't be so big that it is overwhelming, but should also be big enough to provide plently of opportunities and activities. To make the most of a college experience I would tell them to make as many friends as possible and just get out there and experience new things.

I would never have the valuable experiences that I do today or have met all of the wonderful people that I did without attending college. It was a great experience overall and I think it helped contibute to the well-rounded person that I am today. It also helped prepare me for the vast amount of challenges that you have face on a day to day basis in the real world.

Find what you want to do in live or what you think you want and decide from there what school is right for you. Dont go just to play a sport if they dont have what you want or go for a girl friend because it usually ends up wasting a couple of semesters of your time and money.

Do not pick a school based on price. I had the opportunity to go to many schools and I picked the cheapest one. I am now looking to transfer. Do not put a price tag on your dreams. Fight for what you want in life and don't let anyone try to hold you back.

Go with a college where you have a good opportunity to learn but yet have some fun. With good teachers, and friendly students.

that all the teachers are willing to work with the students and the campus activities are fun