Northwest Vista College

« See more reviews of Northwest Vista College

Their are many quotes, passages, even advice from other people that could be a suitable factor in the transition from high school to college. However, experience speaks louder than knowledge. If I could go back in time to advise myself of what I would endure in college; the only advice I would give myself is to have confidence. In life, you can do whatever the mind conceives if a person has confidence. College is filled with many unknown faces; different cultures--that probably one has never heard of. Courses could be deemed intimidating; people too. With confidence comes a sense that a person can tackle any challenge that comes there way. Fear is only an emotion. An emotion that disintegrates when confidence becomes the perscription. Along with confidence, learning is much more substantial. Nothing is ever too hard for a person to understand. Confidence will seep in the mind's conscience and tell it that a Chemistry course is not hard to comprehend at all. That experiencing new cultures, meeting new people is what confidence will do. Confidence; the only advice I would give myself to tackle any problems I encounter in college.

I?m here to make you rethink how you plan to spend the next five years of your life so you'll come out of it a better person. This means hard work and plenty of ambition, two concepts that aren?t new to you after graduating a year early. Attending college isn?t as stressful as you think. If you?re unsure of funding don?t be afraid of investing in a loan, just be smart about it. As for finding the right path, you have to figure that out but know it takes some level of effort. Research an internship, volunteer, or even explore your options during college enrollment so long as you keep moving. Don?t be so concerned with the overall degree that you miss out on the benefit of learning entirely. Once you graduate it won?t matter how long it took to get there. Get involved with school whenever possible, especially in areas that interest you, and take advantage of the contacts you meet. And always remember the path to finding yourself is about the journey, not the destination. If you don?t like where you?re going, do something about it today.

The advice I would give my high school senior self would be to enter college the semester following my graduation from high school. I had will have just earned my Dual-Credit in College Algebra and my education would be fresh on my mind. I would advice myself that though I was worried about attending college and missing classes due to my disability, to just go ahead and apply. Waiting was a mistake and it was very difficult to convince myself to finally get into college. Now after 4 years, I am finally in college, but I feel obligated to retake my College Algebra class and I could have already nearly earned my Bachelor's Degree by now. I wasted years of my life telling myself "I will get into school next semester." I never realized that I would actually be happier in college than I have been my whole life. Graduating high school was the best choice of my life at the time: all I had to do was to take the next step to make an even better choice. I have learned from mistakes and plan to stay in school until I earn the degrees I want!

Bonnie, You have got to go to college!!! You will love it! It's not like high school, where you have to sit and learn about things that you don't care about, although there are some classes that you will have to take, whether you like them or not, but the rest will be about things that you are actually interested in. This will be a new experience, but not one that you cannot handle. This will be a learning and growing experience for you. Your confidence and self esteem will soar as you realize that 'yes, I can do this.' Your independent spirit will grow stronger with the knowledge that you have the ability to do whatever you set your mind to do as you study and learn from your classes. You will be treated as an adult, so you will learn to be diligent in your studies if you want to make good grades. You will also make good friends that you will probably have for the rest of your life. There will be a lot of fun times, and your friends will help you through the tough times. Ask questions, pay attention, and enjoy college!

Going back to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself a lot of things. First, not take so much in what is happening at the moment. Life for the moment but don't allow the bad to drag you down. To explain this, there is something I need to explain. During my senior year of high school, I was depressed by events that were happening around me and to me, for so much that I became suicidal. Followed by, though you don't need to study much during these years of high school, develop the discipline to study for the class and get good grades. I was not much of a study at the time and would often spend my time away from class and goof off or in class and not focus on what the teacher is explaining for the day. The last piece of information I would give is seriously look at a community college to attend before going to a regular university. It is cheaper than a normal school and most credits will transfer to the university in the first place. You will change your goals, and learn more about yourself.

If I could go back in time & talk to myself as a senior in high school, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself to first apply for hundreds of scholarships so that you have a better chance at getting awarded at least one. I would also tell myself to do alot of research on several schools to make sure I am going to one that fits me comfortably or specializes in my particular field of study. I would also give myself advice about how much your GPA affects your college career. One of the most important things I would tell myself is to learn good study habits because they will play a vital role in making sure I pass my classes and learn the material. I would also tell myself to go to college right out of high school instead of waiting 10 years, because it makes the transition from high school to college that much harder. Finally I would not let anyone tell me I am too dumb to succeed in life because of my background or because of where I came from and not to give up till I reach my goals.

If I could go back and tell myself, at 17, about my future I would tell myself to take life as it comes and climb obstacles following my conscience! I could tell myself plenty of things to do the right way like study harder, take core classes while figuring out what I want, or not put college on hold for a boyfriend but I'm not sure that would matter. At 17 many of us dont want to follow advice, including our own. I've suffered hardships but it's made me the person I am. College life is a different experience for everyone. For some it's all study, no play and graduate with honors, some raise children or siblings while taking classes, and some party and still graduate. If I did follow my advice, though, I would tell myself practice good study habits and that nursing is what I want to do and by 24 years old I would've graduated, had a career, and been further ahead in life. But our minds change as we grow, so I could give that 17yo advice but would I have followed ALL of it, even knowing what I know now?

Hey Jason, how are you doing? Congratulations on your upcoming graduation with the Class of 98. Have you thought of your long term goals? Still focusing on all the wrong things, aren't you? I know you think that you are successful with how your "music career" is going right now, and it is. But what you don't know is that CD sales are about to hit a sharp decline and people are going to start using that internet thing a whole lot more. In fact, there is going to be a big shake up in the music industry and some of the top artists might not even sell 100,000 records because people will be able to "download" all the newest music for free! On top of that, you are going to become a father in two years and having a daughter is about to change any long term plans that you thought you had for yourself. All I can tell you is to devise a plan to make a career out of doing what you love. Prepare, stay focused and follow through with that plan no matter how tough the road may get for you. Good luck!

So you think your ready for college? You think you know how your going to do? Well you're wrong! Make sure that you don't slack off and a relationship comes after. You're grades are important if you plan on becoming a nurse. The only person that's going to help you succeed is yourself. Everyone else they're only going to pull you back from what you need to be doing. Attendence is a main key factor if you don't attend and it will only hurt you! Yes, you're probaly thinking but alot may be revising to me. Well it was and even though it is you still must attend cause attendence counts against your grade. You may tell yourself that youll take me serious and listen but really you're going to need to resist everything else. Really avoid all of it because if not you're going to be me who regrets my actions and grades. I made a big mess of my first semester and thought that i could do both work and school. I realized that i could not do it and i was not prioritized and now i regret it.

College life is a very big step in any persons life. A lot of seniors think that just passing by is good enough, but passing by just isn't going to give you the education you need and deserve. As a senior the student should prepare themselves ahead of time and not just when college is going to begin. My parents wanted me to apply for more scholarships and grants when I was a High School senior but i kept procrastinating to do what I needed to do and in the end I didnt get to go to the University I really wanted to go to. I ended up going to a community college and I do believe it's better than not going to a college at all, but going to a University is where I always dreamed of going and because I wasn't mentally prepared and ready I missed out on a great opportunity. I am now acting like a college student and preparing myself for anything that will come my way. If i was back in time I would tell myself to be prepared and work as hard as I can to achieve what i want.