Oakwood University

« See more reviews of Oakwood University

As the only Seventh Day Adventist, Historically Black College or University, It is best known for having high standards for its students.Academically Oakwood University expects the best from their students, thats why they offer the best. The college is known for not throwing parties or having social fraternities an sororities. There are educationally based programs that are on campus which have a high number of student support, such as Phi Beta Lambda (Buisness Fraternity), OBM& A (Bio-Medical Sci Fraternity), etc. Currently Oakwood offers programs that are socially influencing such as GAME (Mentoring Program), dorm clubs, etc..

This school is best known for students excelling inthe nursing field. This school not only is known for academic success of students, but is also know for the Christ-centered mind set that it has. Everything in this school revovles around Christ. This school is also known for it's community service. During fall, spring, and summer breaks, groups such as the National Association for the Prevention of Starvation (NAPS), Literary Envagelism Training( L.E.T.C), and choirs go on mission trips to spread the love and teachings of Jesus Christ through various ministries.

My school is firstly best known for providing an invaluable Christian education to its students. My institution puts buliding a foudation with God first before academics and that firmly grounds our academic careers. Secondly Oakwood University is known for an excellent music and biology department. We have the highest rate for an HBCU for sending biology majors to medical schools.

Well, my school is best known for it's Theology and Biology majors. Students who enroll with their major as Theology usually pursue in getting their Masters degree in Divinity then eventually becoming a pastor of counselor .......those majoring in Biology, usually are accepted in tope medical schools.....advancing them in becoming medical doctors.

Out of the many talents and unique features Oakwood University possesses, music by far is the most recognizable one. From the up and coming Voices of Triumph to the nationally know Dynamic Praise to the internationally renowned Aeolians. Oakwood's music scene is mimicked, sought after and flocked too.

Oakwood is best known for its religous aspect. Though it may not be known for it's education or it's teachers, everyone who attends is surrounded by people who share similar beliefs and help each other increase their faith and relationships with Christ.

i believe my school is best know for the focus it puts on God, second for the learning you get by being in much smaller class rooms size then most unversities

Oakwood is best know for the there spritaual atmosphere. But as far as acadimics goes Oakwood is known for its Biology and Biomedical sciences.

They are most known for their uplifting spiritual environment, the beautiful music, and their academics.

The three M's - Music, Medicine, and Ministry Top in our field in all 3 catagories