Ohio University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Ohio University-Main Campus

I wish I would have known that college classes were actually going to be fun. When I was finishing high school I was worried that college was going to be very difficult and dreadful. However, so far in my fall quarter of college I have had really interesting classes that I enjoyed and learned from. Now that I am in my winter quarter my new classes are also interesting and actually fun! I would also tell my high school self that there are so many different and diverse people to meet in college which makes it nothing like high school!

The biggest thing for me would be realizing how much a college education is worth, in a sense of money. With our global economy taking a turn for the worst, one of the biggest impacts it has set on is the amount of money it costs for a college education. You need to go to college in order to make money, but you have to have money in order to pay for college. Having the opportunity to go to college makes me ever so greatful, but knowing I will graduate in thousands of debt, makes me sick.

The first few weeks of college were one of the hardest times of my life and I wish I would have known that everything would be ok. I should have realized that I wasn’t going to find the same type of friends I had at home and that that was okay. I have made some amazing friends with the girls on my floor and my roommate and I plan to room together next year. I wonder how much further we would have been in our relationship if I would have came to Ohio University with an open mind.

There's almost too much to mention in 100 words! The first would be that college is one of the two rare opportunities where you get to reinvent yourself if you'd like. You don't have to be the same kid you were in high school - if you'd like to evolve into another being, you're welcome to. I also wish that I had known just how much hard work it would be going into my field - the class work isn't difficult, but the hands on work involved can be strenuous and very time consuming.

I wish I had known that Athens, Ohio has a lot of hills so that makes it hard and tiring to walk to class. The campus life is fun and alive, but outside of the campus there's not much going on. It's a quiet town and is said to be very poor. So if you enjoy shopping at malls, then you can not find any of that around here. People say Ohio University is a party school, but if you aren't much a partier, you'll be fine because there are many people who do not party.

Athens is such an interesting place to be, exploring is a must! When I first got to school I only scratched the surface and played it safe studying and focusing on grades. After I gained confidence in myself I tested the grounds and broadened my knowledge of the area. While I still have several years to enjoy the environment I wish I had known that there can be a healthy balance between responsibility and fun and still manage to keep the grades!

I don't really wish i knew anything i didn't know coming in. I had heard things from family and friends about what college was like but i didn't want to put to much faith in what they said. I liked coming in to college not knowing exactly what was going to happen because it let me have my own experierience and i didn't let what other people had said affect what i thought of school.

Honestly, I wish I would have realized how hard it would be to visit home as often as I wanted to. I enjoy being able to live on my own and get to experience life, but I wish visiting my family wasn't so difficult. I wish I knew that being three hours from home would take such a toll.

I wish it would have really been stressed to me the opportunity you have to meet new people. I kept to myself a lot freshman year and then branched out sophomore year. I will never regret the friendships I have made because of it and I have met some of the most amazing people.

I wish I had known about the amazing people and aweasome experiences that I would have. I wish I would have known that there was nothing to be afraid of, nothing to be nervous about; that I would find a great grouip of people to be friends with who like me for who I am.