Ohio Wesleyan University Top Questions

What do you consider the worst thing about Ohio Wesleyan University? Why?

Kelly

The cost of Ohio Wesleyan is a large burden on many students. Most students have to rely on financial assisstance rom both the school, federal government, and even private loans which can create a large burden once the student has graduated.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that tuition continues to increase every year. This makes it hard to pay tuition. And even though there are many scholarships available when a student is entering their freshmen year, there are very few scholarships offered for upperclassmen.

Sayako

Exploring other schools and prgrams. Too often, students that went on an exchange program would come back only to find that their program course credits did NOT transfer towards their degree. Many students had to petition for their credits they earned oversea or during their summer studies.

If I had to pick, it would probably be that there's no grocery store close to campus and the only shuttle has a really bad route. They don't run on weekends or evenings.

There's not a lot I dislike about Ohio Wesleyan. If I had to chose, however, I'd say its price. Ohio Wesleyan is great with providing financial aid, but that still means student loans that will need to be paid back later.

The one thing that really bothered me about my school was that the freshman were not all together for dorms, however, that has changed for the 2009-2010 year. All of the Freshman will be living together next year. The food is really good, but I wish that it was easier to cook your own meals.

Natalie

i guess i would have to say the worst thing about my school is that maybe there's too much to chose from in terms of being involved in something on campus. someone who is a litle lost might have trouble figuring out where they fit in. But otherwise i don't have any complaints

Kim

Nothing.

Kathryn

The worst part of OWU is the conditions of some of the dorms and some of the athletic facilities. Cool thing is, they're in the process of trying to fix this problem.

Sean

Residential Living policies/staff. There is an exlusive lottery to get off-campus. Dorms are old unairconditioned closets with boiling hot pipes running through. Although, there is heat, the walls are thickish, and every room has internet. These closets cost $4200 a year ($4500, for singles). Everything is expensive. I'll have a debt $20,000 upon graduation. I wake up every Sunday to a communal bathroom littered with Keystone Light cans. Potheads set off the fire alarm around 4 AM every other week. The living conditions give me a desperate disire to escape to Columbus during my free time.