Oregon State University

« See more reviews of Oregon State University

I approached college as a total learning experience. I did want a good academic education so I could get the career I want, but I also wanted to improve my social life, my dating life and my adventure/travel life. Not only will I have a good education for the future, I'll also be able to interact with all sorts of people and feel satisfied that I didn't miss out on anything in life.

My biggest tip would be to really just get into and involved with the school. Go to all of the awesome events, join a few clubs, take randomly cool classes, support school sports... you know? Go crazy for your school! Show some spirit. I know people say it over and over again, but it seriously is a great way to meet people and have a ton of fun. Work hard, play hard.

The right college depends on what you are most interested in. Students need to find the niche and feel comfortable in their surroundings. There shouldn't be any pressure to choose a college based on the fact parents and grandparents have gone to that school. The right school is all about the experience you want to have. Go on a campus visit and follow your instinct.

I would tell myself to keep trying and study hard because that will help you in the long run. Also, to take a closer look at the Universities, and go and actually visit them instead of reading about them on the internet. Also, to become more involed in the community, so that way when she gets to the university she can create ties within the university community.

I have just recently took the steps to get my G.E.D. I am not going to let anything get in my way but, financially, I don't have the means to become a nurse. I am determined to make mine and my childrens future better. I believe that my becoming a nurse will fill a big hole in my life. I love helping people and believe that nursing would be the perfect job for me.

It can be difficult to gauge how a given school fits a student's interests, so the best thing you could do is to read reviews from students past and present. At school you'll need to organize your time so that your social life doesn't keep you from completing schoolwork - a task that is wuite difficult given the amount of extracurricular activities available.

I would tell them to visit every college they are interested in and see if they can sit in on a class. Websites and pictures can only tell you so much about campus life. I would also tell students that college can be fun without drinking and partying all the time. Most places there are safe and legal ways to have fun or unwind on the weekends.

I would tell myself not to give up because your pregnant. That it was worth all the wakeing up early and taking time everyday to finish up to graduate with your class on time. That no matter what gets in your way to keep your head up high and not to drop out because getting pregnant is not an excuse to give up it a motivation to push harder.

Students look for the college you feel comfrotable with whenyou visit it, Eat there and walk around campus. Then with 2 or three in mind found out facts such as location, size, sports, and money. After you already know the importance of the four major components to choosing a school your chose will become musch easier.

I would go back and tell my highschool self to not join to the military until after I completed my degree. I would have told him to take his studies more seriously, and to not take education for granted. Since being in the military, I've really gained a newfound appreciation for the importance of a quality education.