Oregon State University

« See more reviews of Oregon State University

The best thing about Oregon State University is the business opportunties you are provided while enrolled in business courses. You have various opportunities to meet with young entrepreneur's who have become very successful after graduating college. At Oregon State University you have the chance to meet a variety of different people from around the world and several of these people you will keep in contact with the rest of your life. You are given a beautiful campus that is always filled with different activities such as fundraisers, music, and food. Oregon State University has made my college experiene wonderful!

I consider the best thing about my school to be the availability and encouragment of options. Oregon State University is the kind of school that anyone could attend and find a major that is suitable for them. There is a lot of variety to the types of classes offered, which makes undecided students feel less overwhelmed in their decision. This demonstrated by the school's overall encouragment towards students to try and attend new classes. Oregon State prides itself in students open-mindedness and curiosity to try new classes to ensure their focus is one that is perfect for them.

Oregon State University is amazing school mostly because of all the opportunities it offers to students no matter what their class ranking is, where they come from, or what their situation is in life. These opportunities include study abroad programs (such as internships abroad in which students can get professional experience in their major and credit to graduate), jobs on campus, research with faculty, a chance to get involved in leadership and government (ASOSU), and many other experiences that encourage growth and community. There are so many ways to get connected here!

I would consider dedication the best thing about Oregon State. Everyone here is dedicated, from the professors to the teacher's assistants and even the students, or at least the majority of students. They are dedicated not just to the University but to learning more, to teaching more, to increasing their knowledge and preparing young adults for a strong career in the future. All of the teachers I have had have not only cared about what they are teaching and known the subject well, but made themselves available for help even in very large classes. I appreciate that very much.

The best thing about Oregon state university is the availability of the professors. As a student I have always made a point to visit professors. This increases my relationship with the professors, which makes them more willing to help me when I need it. Office hours are always clearly stated on the syllabus at the beginning of the term. If the time given does not match well with a students schedule they are happy to schedule an appointment. This is very important for a school to have because it creates a better learning environment and easy access to extra help.

The best thing about Oregon State is being a part of the "Beaver Nation". This term is most commonly used to describe our legion of sports fans, i.e. Beaver Believers, however OSU has an incredible history of past alumni as well. Most notable are Linus Pauling (the only person to ever win two unshared Nobel Prizes) and Douglas Engelbart (the inventor of the computer mouse). In addition, Corvallis has earned a reputation for being one of the most progressive green cities in the Pacific Northwest. That's something in which everyone at OSU is proud of.

The best thing about Oregon State is the variety and caliber of the people it attracts. There are professors from everywhere around the US and even the world. They have all kinds of extraordinary accomplishments to their names and have made a plethora of research related discoveries. The students there are hardworking and aspire to do great things with their lives; for the most part anyway. They come from poor neighborhoods and rich ones. They represent virtually all ethnic backgrounds and religious perspecitves. It is really quite amazing.

I enjoy the variety of class sizes here at Oregon State University. One thing that scares most people about college is the large class sizes and lack of individual attention. I feel that Oregon State has a good variety of class sizes from an auditorium of 500 students to a small classroom of 30 or less. Not all of the classes are enormous and if you feel like you are drowning in any of your classes, every teacher has office hours where you can get individual attention. There are also plenty of other opportunities for extra help for any class.

The best thing about my school is the size. Overall it is a pretty big school, with all different kinds of people. So it is easy to experience how other cultures or religions are compared to mine. I get to meet a lot of people that I wouldn't hve meet somewhere else. I like being in a big class but if you like the smaller classes where the professor can help you easier then OSU also offers smaller classes. I like to have a variety where some of my classes are big lectures and others are smaller group settings.

The best thing about the school is the Science and Engineering colleges. Oregon State has a nationally renouned Engineering college that is pushing the national top 25 list, if not already there. It also has an excellent Pharmacy curriculum. There are also many extra-curriculur activities to get involved in. I was personally involved in a fraternity, of which the greek system is strong at O.S.U. There are sports clubs, academic clubs, and division 1 athletics that are fun to check out too.