Otis College of Art and Design

« See more reviews of Otis College of Art and Design

This school is for the creative mind. A person that is not focused on bring out his or her creative and artisitic side should not attend this school. This is not a school for sports, science, and business management. A person that are focusing on dancing and acting, performing arts, should not attend this school. A person who want easy grades and laid back community should not attend this school.

I do not advise the non-driven to attend Otis. The curriculum is intense and one must be competely devoted to meeting it, for I have witnessed many students drop out because they were unwilling to sacrifice their social lives in place of the work load. I also do not recommend Otis if you do not enjoy open discussion and critique in the classroom between all students and faculty.

A student who procrastinate definitely should not attend this school. The prospective student should be fully prepared to stay up all night to finish the homework given by the professors. People who only think about diet and losing weight should not attend our school either because in order to survive at our school, students need the energy they get from food.

Some one with weak work ethics. Homework comes fast and in heavy loads from a ridiculous number of required classes in a semester. Some one who is not willing to work everyday and twice on Sundays to complete their assignments, including spending at least twenty hours for one class' homework that week alone. Some one who feels that sleep is a priority.

A lazy person should not attend this school because there is a lot to do. There are endless challenges and homework to make a student stronger, but if one is afraid of doing so tough jobs, the one should not attend this school. Many students can't sleep enough, and it is natural. Only some faithful students can be successful in this school.

A person not sure if the art field is there area. There are many art fields which is awesome so there is an area to choose from but don't go in having a "whatever" attitude. Everyone is serious in what they do, even faculty, so if a student plans on attending then be preprared to work harder than ever for a promising future.

A person who lacks discipline and determination should not think about entering this school at all. The work load is extremely intense, and is not joke! However, if one passes their courses, they will learn that all their work is extra valuable and is very important to their success.

Someone that isn't open to constructive criticism, and that would take criticism the wrong way. Since Otis is an art school, there are a lot of group crits in all the deparments, students are encouraged to learn from advise and opinions rather than take offense.

Since Otis is an Art school, a student who is not interested in Graphic nor Fine Arts should consider studying elsewhere. Prospective students should also be prepared to have instructors who will challenge them so that they may excel more than ever.

A student who is unmotivated and does not want to give her/his all into their work should not attend this school. Students who will give up easily will not succeed. Students who do not appreciate the arts will not enjoy his/her studies.