Otis College of Art and Design

« See more reviews of Otis College of Art and Design

I cannot pinpoint just one thing to be the best thing at my school, but I can narrow it down to two aspects: 1. The rigorous workload that encourages higher learning. 2. The liberal environment that encourages diversity in all areas of life (religion, political views, culture, physical appearance, etc.) The hefty workload is commonplace at Otis and personally, it has conditioned me to continually strive for better. The encouraging of diversity on campus opens my eyes to the variety of ways of life and makes me a more open, tolerant, and well-rounded individual.

Jobs and internships are the most important and increasingly unreliable aspects in a student?s future considering today?s economy. So being in a school that lets a person choose which major suits him/her best and then be able to expand upon that into a reliable career makes Otis the most desirable school. Otis arranges internship fairs and often has companies come to the department chairs looking for future employees. Companies know Otis students are armed with knowledge, experience, and quality. Otis truly prepares its students for the future.

As soon as I walked through the hallways, the classrooms, and the campus, I felt very comfortable. I think that is pretty important. The Otis community is pretty small but itis strong. The school is small and we are divided up into sections so we get really close and its like having a second family. One of the best things about Otis is the faculty. The faculty really care and they try to support the students and they will really help the students progress as professional artists and designers. The Insturctors really give a damn.

The Best thing about Otis College Of Art and Design is that evrybody knows you. The Deparment head is actually avalaible for you to talk to and they help with anything that you need or are concern with. The students around you are supportive and become like family everybody around you is amazing. In big schools you can get lost easily in the hustle and bustle of the day but in this school you have a name and you are a person. I love that my school is the only school in the west coast that offers Toy Design.

Otis College is a very laid back art school with a very friendly and creative community. The professors and and faculty are very easy-going, and that reflects upon all the students who enjoy all their classes. The amount of skills we learn here is very valuable when it comes to our careers, and makes it easy to share and network within the industry. The campus is very small, but the small community also has a great chemistry among the students and teachers.

They teach us life skills for when we're working out in the real world. Time management and good work ethics are also acquired. They make us work hard and push us to put are best work forward, so that students can contantly push their abilities. Staff also encourage us to contantly research are intented major, for example, fashion majors contantly go out search what's new, old, different. Constantly taking notes and memorizing trends.

The best thing about my school is all the help I get from almost everyone I know at school. The teachers provide me with great feedback and are always avalible. And because the student body is so diverse and somewhat small, people are very friendly and also encourage me to do my best and at the same time we support each other when one of us is struggling.

The best thing about my school is the vibrance of thinking and creating that goes on. When you walk down the halls, artwork of all types is hung on display, whether they be rough sketches or final works. The rooms are bustling with people creating something new and interesting. It is mind blowing to walk through so much creativity.

I chose Otis because I wanted to have more options than only Architecture or only Interior design. Otis allows students in the major to learn Architecture design, Landscape design, and Interior Design. It's great because the three go hand in hand anyways. I am exposed to more and won't be narrow minded about just one aspect.

The best thing about Otis would be that the students there want to value their education as oppose to being forced to attend. The education provided goes beyond just teaching the students how to find a decent paying job, it's about the laying the foundation on how to achieve your dreams.