Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

The kind of person that should not attend Pace University is a person who is not motivated. Pace offers a curriculum to its students that is very demanding and challenging, but the work pays off because students will learn a great deal from the knowledgeable professors. However, the students must be motivated to do the work in order to gain all of the potential education that awaits them. Pace also offers many internship and study abroad opportunities to its students. However, the students that take advtange of and receive these great opportunites are only the ones who are motivated.

Pace University is full of organization and caring teachers; you can't help but to get involved. In general, Pace University, and any other College/University is a home for the mentally mature, for those who wants to be part of a community, and for those that want to make their dreams come true. A person that does not have a passion for pursuing their professional dreams , that does not recognize how important it is to have an education, and how privileged one should feel for having the opportunity and the ability to learn, should not attend any College/University.

A person should not attend this school if their primary interest is attending a big name university or looking for a research based university. Although Pace is not an ivy league school, students here are focused on obtaining good jobs for themselves after graduation. While there are many opportunities for internships with corporations and other job markets, I have not seen an abundance of research opportunitites available on campus or advertised for internships in research.

A student who does not want to attend college in New York City, should not apply to Pace University (New York campus). A student who does not want to go to private school should not attend Pace University. A student who does not like to interact with other students should not attend Pace University. A student who does not want to accept help in their education, should not attend Pace University.

The person who should not attend this school would be someone who does not have a business mind. Furthermore, if someone does not have an entrepreneurial mind set it is just not worth it for them to come because they would feel out of place. Most people here drive themselves to read and learn more about Finance on their own to better compete with NYU/Columbia students.

Our school has two campuses, I attened the city school. If one does not like the city they can go to the other suburban school. But kids who can't stand incompetance by other students and administrators should not go here. Also there is very little dorm activity and a lot of people commute, so if one wants a traditional college dorm environment, do not come here.

If you are looking for a very traditional college experience, you will not find that here. There is no "frisbee on the quad" or "kegger at the frat house". Instead, there are a thousand options and events happening throughout New York City 24/7 and interesting classes and professors to bring your attention back to academics when you're at Pace.

It seems to be a commuter school so if someone is planning on attending the school for social reasons beyond drinking, I would not attend the school. Also, someone that has an acute idea of what they want to do and what they'd like for a career should go to a more non-liberal, general studies university.

Someone who isn't completely dedicated to their major or is unsure about what major they want to be in shouldn't attend this school. The tuition is rather pricey, and being unsure about what you want to pursue or still exploring your options would be less of a financial burden at another school.

Pace is a school for people who are convivial and able to network. Although this is a good characteristic to have for any college, Pace offers many opportunities to network with others and socialize. Therfore, it would be difficult to adjust to attending college here if one is very shy.