Pace University-New York

« See more reviews of Pace University-New York

When I first start college I was not prepared mentally. After my first year, I learned the hard way it is nothing similar to high school. I think that after coming back to fulfill my educational goals I am more focused and determined to achieve them with high standards and honor.

I would have been more patient with new experiences and acquaintances and not gotten as caught up in making first impressions. People are people and you need to accept them in all their diversity and flaws. I would have been a bit more outgoing and not partied as much either.

Talk to former/current students!!! Once i started going to pace, then i realized that every student was aware of the flaws. If only i had asked them. Besides that, look closely at the dorms, caf, campus, town, students, be as thorough as possible when you take the tours.

The advise I would give to parent and students looking for which colleges to attend is to definately visit as many colleges as you can in different locations. Also as the student you should apply to some stretch schools, because you just never know unless you try.

Visit all prospective colleges, walk around get a feel for the school and its energy, and ask some of the students what its like there. Most important of all TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS, when you're at the right college you'll know! you'll feel like you belong there.

Students should really make an effort to get involved in school activites. Make sure that you are ready to go to a city school if you choose to do so, the city can be lonely at times. Take advantage of everything there is to offer, get your monies worth!

From my experience in college I have discovered that there is more to life than I ever knew. It has brought me to make friends, learn what I love and be happy. Unlike highschool, no matter what exam hits me its my life on line thats is worth everything.

Younger self, ditch the video games and go out. It's a chance to meet new people, and lose weight and network. Look at the gut on you, it's not exactly attractive. Go out, hang out, lose weight. And don't drink soda so much, just sleep.

Spending a night at the school of your choice is essential when deciding if the environment is right for you. Money is always and issue, and the reputation of your intended major is crucial to finding a desirable job after school.

The advice that i will give my self if i could go back in time and see my self as a senior again will be to stop waisting your time and pay more attention to the teacher so that when you go to collage and try harder in college.