Portland State University

« See more reviews of Portland State University

The best thing about Portland State is the diversity, community involvement, their commitment to environmental awareness and their unwavering attention to their students. Portland State doesn't feel like school in the sense of staring at blackboards and memorizing lessons. It is an interactive environment, where people learn and grow in groups as well as individuals. On my first visit to PSU I felt like one of the gang. I went to choir practice, opera rehearsal, and the weekly soloist concert. PSU is a learning community, a wonderful community that I can not wait to engage myself with.

The best thing about Portland State University is the support that you get from your professors. PSU is known for being one of the most diverse schools in America. Here at Portland State new friendships can be formed through the many groups that this University sponsors. I love Portland State University because it is located in the middle of the city where there is always something new just around the corner. Portland State cares about our environment through sustainability and informing us the students about the events that go on through history. At PSU you can see a brighter future.

The best thing about Portland State University is that it is based in a convenient location that is close to so many things. This is because it is located right in the middle of downtown Portland where there are many shopping areas, delicious restaurants, office buildings and most importantly easy and nearby access to Tri-met transit lines. It allows its students and faculty the chance to experience an education, in an environment where they can accomplish their dreams and goals. A place where knowledge is created treasured and learned.

I did my bachelor's at Portland State University. I am currently enrolled in Marylhurst University for my MBA program. Both schools environment has been very student friendly. Both schools always appreciate and value the students for choosing to continue their education, as it is one of the main important factors for the future of our country and the world. They have always offered so many programs to support students to continue their education, when they face many obstacles in their lifes.

One of the best aspects of being a student to Portland State University is how easy-going the campus feels. There is a lot to do because of the downtown location and people are just free to be themselves. With the location being so convenient, there is plenty to do on campus but when that gets old you can travel by Street Car to experience more of downtown. I like that PSU is not known for being a party school because I get the sense that people are more serious about their education.

To me, the best thing about my school is the location. It is located right in the heart of downtown Portland. The campus itself is in the city and there is always things going on. Also, if you live on campus having a car isn't really necessary, because there is so much free transportation. It can however, be a pain if you want to go outside city limits or not have to rely on the city's transportation schedule. Also I love how diverse everyone is and how it's okay to be different.

This school is in the heart of Portland Oregon making it possible to be involved in anything you could dream of being involved in, it is very diverse in every way imaginable, and the school and surrounding city is very enviromentally conscious. It is a wonderful school and I would suggest to anyone who is unsure of their college choice. I never feel like I am out of place because everyone here is allowed to be openly creative and express themselves.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of the student body as well as the faculty. There is never the feeling like you're sticking out like a sore thumb in Portland, Oregon. The relaxed but focused feeling in every classroom is the perfect setting for engaging classroom discussions without feeling like all eyes are on you. The instructors and professors make all students feel like equals who all have equally important ideas and input.

There's a lot of diversity around campus, in terms of students' & faculty's ethnicities, as well as the activities and social options available. For just about any type of interest anyone has, there is a club or organization for it. If there isn't, it's fairly easy to start up a new group. Also, being integrated with downtown Portland, it's easy to find commercial activity, as well as feel at home, all with within close proximity.

I think the best thing about the school is the fact that no matter what the class is, there is some professor that is engaging. Some teachers usually know what there talking about and the people that do are very engaging and want to see you succeed. I think that the sassier the teacher is and the one that is willing to connect with me on a deeper level is a teacher that I want to work with and do well in their class because of.