Princeton, NJ
Princeton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Princeton University

Fixed  rate loan

Andrea

could describe how highly i think of this school. There is literally nothing I would change. The rather small size of Princeton, though not ideal for everybody, is perfect if you want the opportunity to meet almost all the people in your class, yet you will never have the feeling that you are limited to spending your time with 10 people... whether you like them or not. School pride here is incredible. People here love the school, and it generally seems that the school loves the people back too. Classes are tough, yes, but will be well worth the effort. Overall, if I could have restarted and picked any school in the world, it would have been Princeton.

There are too many to mention here. One of my favorites, though, are the a-capella groups that you will find performing under one of the many arches at Princeton. There is something special about walking home at night in the winter and being able to stop and listen to the wonderful singing going on around campus. If that's not your thing, however, there are dance groups, theater shows, all kinds of sports (at all levels) and the nightlife is also amongst the best I have ever experienced.

At first glance, it is easy to settle with the belief that all students here are exactly what people say they are... rich kids from the North East who always and only wear boat shoes, pastel coloured clothes and think they own the world. But that is only at the very first glance. The truth is that here students really do come in all shapes and sizes and from a variety of backgrounds. The boat shoes fact may still be true but the community here is quiet diverse and if you just spend a few minutes looking, you will be able to tick frat guys, athletes, geeks, and anything in between off your list.

Aparajita

No doubt why Princeton consistently ranks as the best undergraduate school in the nation. The quality of classes is great, and the faith put in student's academic potential allows students to find their niche. The attention given to undergraduates is uncommon at universities of this calibre.

Eating clubs are big. So are athletics, performing arts groups, and even though they are currently in the process of being banned, fraternities and sororities continue to have some presence.

Even though it is a small school, I think that if anyone tries hard enough they will fit in at Princeton, in however they want to fit in (this does not mean they confirm to Princeton's preppy stereotype or anything of the sort, what I mean is that they will very likely find a group that shares their interests)

We get so many opportunities to take courses with excellent faculty - this is not limited to 'famous' faculty like Paul Krugman or Cornel West. In general, the quality of the faculty is unmistakeable - some of my younger, assistant professors have been so inspirational with their enthusiasm and knowledge of their subjects.

Leila

Princeton may have its issues, but this is the area at which it excels. I've studied abroad and experienced other universities through friends. Few compare to the level of intense intellectual growth demanded at Princeton. Class topics are far ranging, diverse, and allow for extensive specialization. Professors are almost always engaged, interested, and involved in each class.

Princeton is often cited as being the most conservative Ivy, full of privileged, rich, white students with attitude problems. This population does exist on campus, but it isn't the only social group. Unfortunately, elitism and competition are core parts of Princeton-- Ex: eating clubs and the bicker process. Not everyone engages with this aspect of the university, however, and due to our financial aid office, we are assuredly not all rich students. Competition underlies most social interactions on campus, so the climate is primarily one of stress with few people who stand outside this climate.

Eric

Love it here. Love the people. Love the resources. Love the support from the school - opportunities, financial aid, etc. Love the campus.

They dump a lot of information on you and expect you to learn it all - well, most of it. It may seem impossible, but everyone learns through the process. You also get access to elite professors as a perk.

Stereotypes: Preppy elitists. Caucasian. Reality: From the very extremes to the very ordinary.in all aspects of life

adam

If I could go back in time to my high school self and give myself in any advice I would tell myself to start looking up scholarships and grants. I found out the hard way that money doesn’t grow on trees it comes from hard work, in knowledge of your surroundings. I will also tell myself to look in to your education before enrolling because a lot of times people jump the gun before truly seeing what its worth. The first school I enrolled in a have my best intentions in mind at the time I enrolled. But two later find out I was enrolled in a program that I didn't sign up for. I would tell myself to wait and go to college for what you dream about. To keep in mind that it’s my life and I decide my career path in goals for the future not any one else. I’m in school now for what I wanted to do my whole life so even though there’s been many detours along the way I still will find my way that to living and accomplishing my goals for my dream career.

Pandora

We are best known for being an elite liberal arts research university.

We are best known for being an elite liberal arts research university.

This is an incredibly special place, and college is an amazing and unique experience here. The school is very focused on the undergraduate experience - there are very few graduate or professional schools (no business, law, medical schools), so the resources are really lavished on undergrads.

My classmates are driven, curious, smart, and for the most part pretty darn fun to be around.

Princeton is very diverse, but if you're not levelheaded and don't handle stress well, you might be overwhelmed.

Chill out and go with the flow because there's not nearly as much pressure as you think there is.

Ryan

If I could counsel myself as a high school senior, I would impart this advice: high school is more than just the training wheels. For many, high school was a means to an end. From our first days as freshmen to our last ones as seniors, we were inundated with the message that the destination was not where we were but where we would be after graduation. Just as training wheels are a necessity of learning to ride a bike, we were taught that high school was an essential, though temporary, stepping stone to college. This ideology fails us. It focuses on an intangible future goal and obscures the opportunity in front of us: the enjoyable and fulfilling process of learning and being challenged in the vibrant environment that is comprised of hallways, lockers, and cafeterias. As a result, many kids spend their entire high school careers focusing on the wrong things: good grades instead of actual learning, insincere “resume-builders” instead of genuine pursuits, and blind preparation instead of real enjoyment. Our focus on making sure the training wheels are clean and shiny tends to blind us to what we are really doing: we are already riding the bike.

the access to great teachers and other interesting students is hopefully one of the great things about this opportunity

I am not sure yet because I haven't been there yet!

Shaterica

Knowing what I know now that I'm collge I would give myself a few pieces of advise. First off i would tell myself to make sure before I ledt high school, or at least to get into the habit, learn and master the art of discipline. In college you are hit with a new wave of freedom and it easy to get off track with being disciplined in your school work. If that was something that I learned to get down in high school my college life would be a lot less stressful. Although the stress level in high school is different than in college, I would tell myself to make sure I learn to be disciplined and make school work a priorty. Another piece of advise I would give myself would be that when applying to school during senior year to seek much help and advise from people who have been through the process and apply for scholarships as early as possible. I'm finding myself now changing my college plans but mainly due to the fact that i didn't see much help from the start and having to find ways to fund that education.

Edvin

Assuming that I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get into the habit of studying all material intenseley. One thing that I learned while attending college is that good notes are important when it comes to passing quizzes and midterms. What I realized is that in high school my note taking was not as good as it is currently in college. I think that I would have been even more successful in high school if I took notes like I do in college. Note taking is not just important to get the information down that the instructor presents, but its important to actually look at the information after and be able to grasp the material. That is something that I did not do as much in high school, where I would not turn back to my notes as often because I couldnt rely on them as I do in college. I would constantly tell my self to take good notes if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. Note taking is one thing that is important in college to succeed.

Princeton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.