Princeton University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Princeton University

Mica

I love Princeton. I wouldn't choose any other college to spend my four years. The academics are truly top notch. All of my professors have been so knowledgable and passionate about their work. There is also so much support for students, and lots of free food.

Elaine

Attending Princeton has been an incredible experience. The community is super tight and offers endless support

Chinwendu

When I was deciding what college to go to, it was an easy decision. This is the school that I am meant to be at. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Princeton is accommodating and thoughtful of their students, even when school is not in session. It's hard work, but that's what you should expect at the number one school in America.

ayde

I am a freshman at Princeton and I am very grateful to be part of the community. The courses are interesting and diverse. There are programs that help with writing and homework. Freshman are well welcomed. Though grade deflation is a big stress factor.

Kandace

Princeton University is an amazing place. I would recommend it to everyone. It is helping me develop into the person I want to be on a daily basis. I meet people who change my perspective on everything everywhere I go. People are friendly and always desire to help others.

Tea

I love this campus. It is very traditional, but Princeton spends more money on each undergraduate than any other school in the nation and it shows. We are all incredibly lucky to be here, as there so many opportunities for us. In fact, there are so many opportunities that we feel overwhelmed most of the time.

WENMINQI

w

Ayame

Princeton has high quality academics if you choose the right classes and also has a pretty high workload. The party scene is fairly monotonous (there's basically just the Street, and more or less nothing else). There are a wide variety of extracurriculars to choose from.

Jada

It sucked.

Natalie

I have attended Princeton for 2 years, and so far it has been a great experience. So many of my fellow students are not only intellectually curious but also have fascinating life experiences. Most professors have been accessible and seem to really want students to succeed--from what I gather, Princeton has an unusually large focus on undergrads for a University because we don't have many grad programs. There are so many groups to join, it can almost be overwhelming. While some of them are by tryout only, like many singing/dancing groups, there is something for everyone. The campus itself is also beautiful. However, I will say that the gym is way too small, and while many dorms are gorgeous and castle-like on the outside, the rooms themselves are a bit underwhelming. Overall, though, I really love my school!

Rose

I love Princeton University so much. I cannot think of a better place for me. The student body is so diverse, but they do have one thing in common: their desire to learn and grow throughout their college years. I have been given so many opportunities that I never knew were possible. Princeton is the perfect place for me.

Andrew

Princeton is colloquially known as "the best damn place of all." And in a funny sort of way, this is true. Speaking honestly, Princeton is not the place for me, and I can say that with certainty. There are times when I shake my proverbial fist at the school and growling, "I hate this damn place." And I know some other students feel similarly. But between the amazing academics, the beautiful campus scenery, and the sheer number of opportunities afforded by this damn place, I can agree that it truly is the best "damn place" of all.

Naser

Princeton isn't anything of what people say it is. I went in thinking it would be a school full of fellow nerds, and certainly, there may be some of that. But taking a look at the plethora of improv comedy groups, and musical performance groups, I couldn't help but feel that this university is only a very small part about the academics. The famous Triangle Club song "Nothing Ever Happens in Princeton", is the student body lying to our faces. The community is what matters here-- sure the academics are great but the least happy people I know are the ones for whom studying is all they know. It is an absolute necessity to participate in things outside of class, primarily for social inclusion, but also if you want to eat! Professors can often become friends, but be prepared for run of the mill socializing, because not everyone here is born to debate Socrates. That's because the university is a training ground for you to flourish into what you want to be, and Princeton makes it as easy as possible but it won't really point the way out for you. Whether its with summer internships facilitated by the university, alumni networks, or well organized student groups, you have to carve out your own path, no matter how wonderful the university is.

Grace

Princeton University is an amazing place with even greater opportunities. Because the university is so well-funded from alumni networks and well-off families, Princeton gives its undergraduate students their undivided attention. Everything they do is in the best-interest for their students. Though academically Princeton will be more challenging than most other universities, the support and community they have within campus is unmatched. During my time here, I have made life-long friends with my peers, my preceptors, and some of my professors as well! I truly believe Princeton is worth all of the hard work and the experience you'll have here is unforgettable.

Zachary

Since visiting Princeton for political workshops I have fallen in love with the college, not just with one particular aspect but holistically. I understand that every colleges has it similarities but so much made Princeton stand out to me. No matter where I go, the people matter. Princeton just holds a special place because of the opportunities and experiences that I have had there. Bias? Probably, but I'm proud to have it. It is in New Jersey while I am in Maryland and $40,000+ a year is too expensive but I will apply nonetheless to see if there might be good financial aid and assistance. Nothing but love for Princeton!

Zoe

I have just recently visited Princeton and it is absolutely beautiful. The surrounding town is super nice and there is still plenty to do even though it is not a city. The housing it great and plenty of students are hanging out together, studying or just hanging out, and enjoying their time in the extensive greens. The classes seem interesting and great for people that are up for a challenge. I hope to apply and possibly attend Princeton University.

Gabe

I absolutely love Princeton. It's a gorgeous school, awesome classes and professor attention, brilliant and interesting people, and fun traditions. I am a member of the Jewish community which I specifically find amazing The Center for Jewish Life at Princeton is vibrant and welcoming to all students. I spend most of my time there.

Daphne

Princeton is simply a magical place. Its building and facilities are top-notch in both functionality and aesthetic beauty. Its people, both students and faculty alike, are love to share their knowledge so that everyone can grow as a community. The education is superb, but the environment is somehow even better.

Olasubomi

Students at Princeton are fascinating. None of them seems to be completely unilateral. From foreign languages to sports, musical instruments, the capacity to do a lot of things are available. To program a laptop, it seems that everybody you meet here has some type of hidden passion or talent beyond just what they study in their courses. There are various activities on campus and it is easy to get around.

Imani

I know Princeton is going to lead me down the path of becoming a successful medical school student and eventually a successful l cardiothoraic surgeon. I always feel intellectually stimulated and even though I've only been on campus for 2 months, I feel that Princeton is the perfect fit for me. It's just the right amount of challenging that leaves me motivated and ready to push myself. I just wish the campus was more accommodating for people with dietary restrictions, such as milk, soy, and meat.

Zhi Dao

Princeton University offers the greatest education you could ever get in the nation. Its 500-acre main campus allows you to see the school culture. There are many famous academic buildings including Alexander Hall, Nassau Hall, and libraries. Students in Princeton are academically excellent, and their culture perfectly resembles this.

Chris

Fg

For one, the financial aid is amazing if you meet the high standards. Never have I been around a community that is always willing to help and work with you. The classes are great, the student life is fun and cooperative. They call it the "orange bubble" and it really is like a little utopia.

Grace

I'm a freshman so I haven't had the complete Princeton experience yet, but overall so far it's been challenging but engaging and thought-provoking. My roommate experience wasn't great and there is a bit of grade deflation, but I can't say that I'm unhappy with how my experience has been so far.