Princeton, NJ
Princeton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Princeton University

Fixed  rate loan

John

If given the chance to give advice to my high-school self, I would tell him (me?) to prepare to take advantage of as many new opportunities available to the college student as possible. Some opportunities in college will be familiar from high school. For example, people with athletic or artistic interests will find club teams or performing groups fulfill a similar role in college as they did in high school. However, there are many new opportunities for the college student to pursue if they have the initiative. There are chances to study abroad all over the world. If you have an interest in a particular region or culture, chances are that there is a program that will let you experience it firsthand for a semester or more. In the college setting, you will also have the opportunity to meet and work alongside your professors. If you have an interest in research, engage your professors, and you may find yourself working on scientific research as an undergraduate. Travel abroad and undergraduate research are just two of the new opportunities that accompany the independence of college. You could benefit greatly from them if you have the necessary initiative to pursue them.

The best thing about Princeton is the academic environment that exists on campus. The professors are among the finest in their fields, and students are very bright and acadmeically focused. This combination leads to classes that are challenging and interesting. If a student is willing to complete the necessary work at Princeton, they will certainly learn a lot and be well prepared for a career in academia or the commercial world.

In my opinion, the worst thing about Princeton is the workload. Classes tend to either have a lot of required readings, assign long papers, or have challenging problem sets. If a student wants to earn good grades here, he or she has no option but to keep up with the workload. This is especially true since the administration has implemented policies to reverse grade inflation and ensure that high grades reflect true excellence.

April

Everyone is enthusiastic and eager to learn. There is never a lack of individuals who enjoy intellectual discussions.

The courses, extracurriculars, and dorms are all a great part of college life, but it is the people I have met that define the most important part of my college experience. Amazing professors breathe life into material that might otherwise seem flat and dull, actually triggering a hidden interest that I never knew I had. Knowledgeable advisers and alumni provide outlooks on how life during and after college can be like, opening my eyes beyond textbooks and the lecture hall. However, my friends, my colleagues, are the real gems of the college treasure trove. Differing, clashing views encourage me to go beyond my own narrow opinions. Sharing experiences and cultures with people from all over the world enriches my thoughts in ways words cannot describe. Being surrounded by advanced intellectuals has also shown me what it feels like to be intimidated. Yet at the same time, I was able to experience the exhilarating rush of having fear turn into excitement, because I could see the challenges that awaited me. Such moments have helped me change into a better, fuller, more open-minded individual and I hope I will continue to do so while helping others change as well.

Ginnelle

My college experience has given me a lot from confidence to a sense of independence. Before attending college I had never worked before or ever really been pushed out of my comfort zone so when I got there it was a whole new world for me. However, I think that being in college and not being able to go back has given me even more. I now see, as I try to go back, everything that I had at my disposal and truly appreciate it and value it that much more such as the abundant access to knowledge and tools for success. I feel as though college was an excellent and neccessary step in my life to help not only equip me for life but to help mold me into a better and stronger person.

Katrina

My classmates are inspirational and motivating for me--they make me push myself to be the best I can be.

My school is best known for the phenomenal academics, scientists, and engineers who go on to make history by discovering amazing new things and being leaders in their communities.

Princeton has such a diverse campus--it really is a melting pot of races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations. Coming from a small rural school in western Maryland, I was never subject to the beauty of diversity. This "culture shock" has opened my eyes to many traditions and beliefs that are different from my own. I have learned to be respectful of all different cultures and and to even admire them. I know that the world is not like my homogenous hometown: it is rich with people of different origins, of different creeds. Going to a school with such an assortment of students has helped me think not on a Keedysville, MD-scale, but on a national- and international-scale. I feel as though I am prepared to take on the multi-faceted globe with eyes free from the shadow of ignorance.

Garland

The senior thesis is a keystone of your last year of college. The shared experience brings people together and give you a chance to explore an academic area you really care about or are interested in.

Ever since I was old enough to question the concept of education, my parents have stressed the importance of a college degree. Now, after the sweat and frustration of incalculable hours of academic achievement, I stand on the threshold of earning a degree in molecular biology with minors in neuroscience and environmental studies. I have taken every opportunity I could to pursue these goals and they have paid off nicely. Princeton has allowed me to explore the jungles of Honduras and the coral reefs of Bermuda while guiding me towards graduation. I have had the opportunity to learn from world-class professors alongside students from all over the world. I will end up taking more classes than I need to graduate simply because there are so many amazing courses to take each semester. Princeton has done an excellent job of preparing me for life after my undergraduate years, and thanks to its generous financial aid system I will graduate debt free and ready to enter medical school with a clean slate. I am forever in debt to this wonderful institution, and I could not be happier with my decision to attend.

A person looking for the stereotypical jock-dominated party school should not come here. Most people here are serious about their education.

Javier

The food, the quality of the teaching, the beautiful campus, the great dormitories, the people.

Princeton University taught me what power really is. Power is having the resources and ability to change the world. Princeton has the power to nurture her students to become the best in their fields, whatever they may be. With a neat apron around her neck, she tends to every single one of our personal needs, making sure we may flourish under her arms. Indeed, her motto "Under God we flourish," reflects this magnanimous maternal attitude, one that only a truly powerful institution could ever afford. At Princeton, I have gotten a life's worth of lessons in my personal, academic, religious and social spheres. I have learned how to describe the vibrating membrane of a drum mathematically, and I have learned that that the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus is the center of our biological clocks; I have learned that God is with me when I am glad and when I am not, and I have learned that putting together a professional rock concert is something teenagers can do. I have learned I will never quite have learned enough. Princeton enabled me to flourish, with her wondrous love and experience, and I will give back to her in the future.

The prospects for the future she offers her students. Princeton is powerful, and she makes sure her students are well placed in the world after they graduate.

Rafael

I believe our school is best known for its overall academic prowess and networking opportunities, being a member of the Ivy Leagues and being ranked among the best schools in the world. There are many powerful alumni that current students often attempt to network with in order to land good jobs or to make an impact in the world. If anything else, we are also known for the Woodrow Wilson School, which focuses on an interdisciplinary approach to policy making and is the only department that you have to apply to get into at Princeton.

In high school, I was an Eagle Scout, I had been a national leader for Students Against Violence Everywhere, and I was ranked first in my class. Though proud of my success, I was eagerly awaiting for the catalyst that would give me the tools and knowledge to reach previously untapped potential; college proved to be that catalyst. At Princeton, I met other first year students who were accomplished athletes, researchers, writers, and artists. Meeting other dedicated students was a truly inspirational experience. The classes I took, Social Psychology, Epistemology and Metaphysics, and International Relations, made me grapple with questions I had never previously considered, and stretched my thinking and understanding of the world in ways I found exciting and refreshing. It is this world-class education that will prepare me to create change on the global scale I’ve always aspired to achieve. The tools and vibrant diversity of thought that college provides are essential to succeed in nearly any enterprise one chooses to undertake. College is an invaluable experience that is giving me the inspiration to reach higher and the preparation to succeed in what I choose to do, bringing my fullest potential to mind and to fruition.

Possibly the most frustrating thing at Princeton is a lack of civic engagement. There are a lot of people who do want to make a difference in the world and who have lofty goals for once they get out of college, but there is not a lot of involvement during one's undergraduate career, as people are very busy studying and do not believe they can divert much time to other activities. I would like to see some more community service, civic action, and political debate in my campus.

kaya

Because it's financial aid system is so great, I've had the opportunity to meet many different people from dispirate walks of life. I really believe that Princeton U gives people opportunities - and also gives students the chance to open their eyes to the truth that lies beyond the safe walls of home.

Probably the location - New Jersey has bad weather sometimes.

I've always been working towards something - towards an Ivy League school, a trophy, an A+. And finally, after overcoming a plethora of obstacles and challenges, I'm faced with a problem - I'm now in an environment in which there are too many opportunities, too many goal oriented people, and a grade deflation policy that prohibits no more than 5 A's per class. From Princeton, I've learned that life is not as simple as "winning"; it's more complicated than that, because it requires that one chooses the very challenges that one will eventually have to overcome. And that's what makes life so difficult - knowing that you have the jump the very hurdles that you set for yourself. Mom isn't there to tell me to run the race, nor to pat me on the back if I win it. Now something else must define my existence. There's more to life than just getting high grades and winning a trophy - it's also about defining the character of your life. I've come to realize that living is not about "working towards" life, but rather, defining and living it yourself.

Bonnie

Princetonians are smart, driven, and incredibly diverse with respect to interests, backgrounds, cultures, and just about everything else.

I've learned so much about topics both academic and otherwise--about people, about life. I've met awesome friends and been exposed to great opportunities, and I finally feel like I can live up to my potential. What's not to love?

Anyone who loves learning, is willing to expand their horizons, and is up for a challenging courseload.

Jin

The worst aspect of Princeton University is its location. Although Princeton is a very small and charming suburb, it is neither a college town nor a large city. Off campus housing is prohibitively expensive and there is a lack of social venues off campus. To find more similar aged peers, students have to travel one and a half hours north to New York or south to Philadelphia. Thus most students often cloister themselves off on campus and never leave the University unless it?s necessary.

Princeton is the best fit for those who are intelligent, ambitious, and driven. At Princeton, students learn from and work with leading experts and academics in the world. The University provides infinite opportunities and opens doors that would not be available to those who went to a different institution. The best kind of person to attend this school is one that could take advantage of all of the prospects offered by a university of Princeton?s caliber.

The value of Princeton University is not the educational experience that a student will receive there. Granted, academics at Princeton are top notch and the university?s faculty places a special emphasis on undergraduate teaching. The real value of Princeton, however, is the intensive leadership training that the environment provides: Students are plunged into a peer group of a thousand other brilliant and interesting young people. The wealth of extracurricular activities allows every student to take a huge role in shaping the campus environment. The vast resources of the university allow every student to pursue his or her passions. Faculty and administrators do not just lecture, but challenge and engage students to make a difference and to go the extra mile. I received a wonderful academic education from my four years at Princeton. I am more grateful, however, for the experience to interact with other amazingly talented youth who are going to make a difference in the world ten, twenty years down the line.

Princeton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.