Purdue University-Main Campus Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

.

Purdue's professors are very professional, but very friendly. Professors have office hours and are always willing to help out students. As far as age group, professors may be under a decade older than their students all the way up to being in their 80s. Purdue's professors are as diverse as the student body providing students with a myriad of backgrounds, viewpoints, and cultural ideas. It is always interesting to hear professors discuss what they have done and where they have taught before teaching at Purdue. Professors at Purdue are usually understanding towards students needs and teach the courses at a rate to allow all students to learn. Many professors provide review sessions and other opportuties to help students who may have fallen behind. The diverse populace of caring professors provides students with an excellent education.

Sadie

Tell us about your professors.

Sadie

People always react positively when I tell them I go to Purdue. I am about the graduate at the end of the month (December 18) with a degree in English. Purdue is not known for its liberal art program, but I have received a challenging and rewarding education here. And best of all, I feel that I am apart of a tight-knit family. I am close with the professors and peers in my major. I have had bigger classes (core/elective classes) where my Professors don't know my name, but once I started really getting into my major (English classes) my teachers truly got to know me. I have many Professors who have mentored and seen me through my 4 and 1/2 years here and I will be forever grateful for their support and advice.