Queens University of Charlotte Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Queens University of Charlotte

Demetra

Queens is a very beautiful, diverse school. Many of our students are athletes, and almost all of them are very cliquey. Because this is such a small school, it is very hard to make friends as most people already have their groups established. Everyone here is very reserved, mostly everyone spends time in their room on weekends or goes home. Not much to do outside the classroom. If you're a very social person or an athlete, come here. If not, it will be significantly harder for you to find things to do outside of class.

Precious

I think that Queens is a great, close knit school.

Ashane

The school may be small, but the resources and overall atmosphere is amazing. Students know what they are here for (education) and plan accordingly. Campus recreational activities and outside activities are also amazing because the school is located 5 minutes from Uptown Charlotte, which is an amazing city.

I love the school and the area, Myers Park is an amazing location. Queens has a lot of athletes on campus, we are a DII school with a great athletic program. Students are from all over the country and I've made some incredible friends on and off the lacrosse field.

Queens is a small private university in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is located in the heart of Myers Park, the most affluent area in Charlotte. Its a very good neighborhood with multimillion dollar houses. The campus is close to grocery stores, restaurants, shopping malls, and other services. The campus itself is very easy to track and is always clean. The older buildings bring character to the campus and the newer buildings bring a new life. Campus housing could be improved by adding apartment-style buildings to provide students with a more at-home feel. The class sizes are relatively small, around 30 students give or take. Professors care about their students and are always willing to help. Queens provides many services to help student start the career paths with internships and networking opportunities. Greek life is active but is very minimal considering that the school only has about 2200 students. Tuition is very very expensive, so I would recommend applying for scholarships. Queens is an overall great school and I would recommend to others.

Lindsay

Queens is a liberal arts private college that was founded in 1857. I am a junior at queens studying toward my accounting degree and eventually taking the CPA exam. I loved queens the first time I stepped on the campus. It is a very close knit community and everybody knows of everybody.

Mary

I think that Queens is a fantastic school. However, there are always things that could be improved. Recently, Queens has chosen to increase the number of students brought in due to their addition of three new sports teams. This has caused a lot of frustration with upperclassmen, and I think that they should have thought that through a lot better. Most professors are fantastic, but there are some who aren't that great. As a Journalism and Digital Media major, I don't have too much difficulty, but there are definitely professors I would rather avoid. Their general education system is also frustrating for students who need to take upwards of 20 credits a semester. Al learning communities are 8 credit hours, 9 if you are making it honors. This makes it hard to get other requirements in.

Abram

It is a school that offers a lot of great opportunites to students. They partner with many firms to help students land internships. The social aspect isn't that of a school with a massive enrollment. It isn't a bad school, but life is what you make it.

Amber

Queens University is a small, beautiful campus. When I first came to Queens I was excited because I came to college with one of my good friends. It is very close knit school, you are always seeing the same people, which can get tried-some at time. There are lot of problems with people feeling the need to put your business out there. And also the campus police have harassed a couple of my friends because of there race. I think the academic aspect of the school is spot on but I think they need to work on trying to involve the student in more.

Haley

Queens is a really great school. I was nervous about coming here because it is in the big city of Charlotte. I am from the country so I was very nervous. I feel very comfortable walking around at Queens University. My parking lot is right across the street from my classes and I always see other students around to walk with.

Chase

I love going here! Everyone here is so friendly and kind. Especially having it be my freshman year, everyone was so helpful in making sure I was preparing myself to do well while here. My favorite part is the class size. I wanted to go to a school with a smaller class size because it would allow me to ask more of the questions I wanted to and having professors that know me and understand how I learn make going here all the more better.

Skye

Queens University of Charlotte is by far the best school I could have chosen. There are so many opportunities to be involved in different things around campus. The environment and community always makes everyone feel welcomed. I love the diversity that we have at Queens. It is a school that helps make everyone feel at home no matter how far they may actually be from their home. The faculty and staff do an outstanding job. If I was asked what school I would recommend it would always be Queens. It is a wonderful school.

Renee

Queens University of Charlotte is an excellent school. This university is the type of place where students have incredible opportunity to be involved. If they want to sit in their rooms all day and not do anything they can, but if you are the type of person that is active and takes initiative, then Queens is the place for you. You can literally do anything. If you want to study abroad, you have that opportunity. If you want to join SGA, it is accessible. If you want to do research, all you have to do it show you have the potential. It is a space of opportunity.

Cierra

I really enjoy my university. It’s great to have a place that may be a second alumnus to me. It’s a lovely campus, although I don’t spend a lot of time on campus as an evening student. I hope it stays a private college, and not give in to the UNC system.

Marcus

My overall opinion on Queens is that it is a decent school, but it doesn't live up to what they preach. They claim that Queens is a very academically rigorous school but the general education classes are pointless and a waste of and money. The professors are hit or miss some don't help the students like they should. The campus life is boring especially during the weekends because everybody goes home. The clubs and social life is boring, the students are very clingy and shy. They also set you up at orientation with good food, so that you believe the cafe actually taste good, but in reality, it doesn't. It is really sad and the janitors don't clean the bathrooms as much as they should. Queens isn't worth the 40,000 thousand dollars per year they are charging students!

Margaret

I never expected to be a Queens student, but I'm so glad I am! The smaller student body allows students to really connect with each other and with the faculty. I find it much easier, and more fun, to learn when I can connect with classmates and professors. It's a wonderful school, with wonderful faculty.

Jeannette

I just completed my first year at Queens and I couldn't be happier. The small class sizes afford for great class discussions and attention from your professors. They know your name and truly want you to succeed. The campus may be small, but there's always something going on and plenty of activities to participate in. Queens has a very welcoming community full and you'll always see a familiar face on campus. An added bonus to being here is definitely the study abroad that's included in your tuition and that 100% of students complete an internship.

I love it!

Roxanne

I love the University, very diversified. There is a group for anyone. I am a commuter and I still feel apart of the campus and its activities. Just from my first year experience, this university gave me an education and friends that I hope to keep forever. My dreams is to graduate from this university and gain a profession.

Kaylee

Queens is an outstanding school! They provide great resources for students and their families, and were very helpful with the whole transition into college. Professors love their jobs and their students and are helpful in and out of the classroom. There are great clubs and organizations for everyone to join. Queens is always providing resources and opportunities to the students, and you can definitely tell that student success is their top priority.

Madeline

My overall opinion of Queens University is that this school is very committed to helping their students succeed. I visited and I fell in love; all they talked about is how your education means everything to us and they won't let their students fail nor graduate without going through internships that will help prepare you for your future.

Carson

I love the campus once I walked on to I felt I instantly at home. There’s always something going on that you can attend. I love the location of how close it is to the shopping centers and how it’s close to up town. Everyone on the campus is so nice and friendly and they all want to be there.

Hayley

Queens University of Charlotte established their "Yes, And..." campaign while I was still attending the school. It was a slogan that was catered towards everyone on campus. It meant that you could get your degree and do other activities outside of the classroom. The athletics department emphasized this slogan and I am thankful they did. As a student-athlete, I never felt that I was hindered from achieving my goals. I was able to compete for the swim team at Queens and graduate with honors as a Health Sciences Major. My professors worked with me and my crazy swim schedule to help me stay on top of the class assignments. The size of the classroom, contributed to this tremendously. With a smaller class size, professors and students are able to develop the relationship necessary to create personalized learning environments that help students thrive. Queens isn't just amazing because of its professors. The faculty is equally supportive of the "Yes, And..." promise. During any athletic, arts, or school event, you will see our athletics staff, professors, maintenance staff, and deans showing their support. At Nationals, our president and another administrator would come to watch, regardless of where the meet was held. It means so much to know that the faculty at Queens shows their support to the students no matter the organizations they are part of. Therefore, I highly recommend Queens University of Charlotte to any future college student. Believe me you will not be disappointed.

Jeannette

If you are looking for a small university atmosphere where everyone knows each other, small classroom sizes, and are big into sports, Queens University is the place for you! I chose this school personally because of the small classroom size, because I was a transfer student from a community college, and smaller classrooms made me feel so much more comfortable. It is a historic school so there are not too many new buildings on campus, but it is such a beautiful campus during any season. I will say however, the food is a hit or miss depending on the day. The housing is not bad, considering they renovated all of the living buildings quite well. Over 50% of the students here are on a sports team so you WILL meet an athlete on campus. The people are friendly and so are the staff. I guess the big downfall would be the cost to attend this school. Not only is it a private school, but it is located in a VERY expensive and wealthy part of Charlotte.

Jesse

Queens University of Charlotte is a great institution with great facilities, professors and environment. I enjoy being in the heart of such a great city. Charlotte has a lot going for it and I’m glad to be able to live here. The sports and arts are great and I feel pushed adequately in the class room.