Providence, RI

Rhode Island College

« See more reviews of Rhode Island College

It's very diverse they don't discriminate against any race, disablitiy, sexual orientation or religious believes. It's not mega gigantic campus were you can get lost just by turning around. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help students struggling with school work. Many fun and student friendly extracurricular activities. A radio station, i don't know if other schools have one; but our is pretty cool. Mintues away from a nice, fun city. They give students with a low GPA a chance to attend college and better their education, molding them a brighter future.

i think whats unique about Rhode Island College is the amount of activities on and off campus that they provide us with every month. The activities are fun and full of new experiences. also the students are friendly and always glad to help others. Another thing that is unique about my school is that the resident assistants are constantly making activities to get everyone in the hall to get know each other, they also work hard for everyone to have a comfortable environment without any discrimination or disrespect.

Other schools that i considered i planned on pledging into a sorority to get that sister, family like feeling. I didn't need to do that when i decided to go to Rhode Island College. I plan to pledge a sorority this semester, but with different intentions. Most Sororities don't give back to the community that much. Sigma Iota Theta at Rhode Island college has a great group of girls who donate hours of their time to the community. Since I have already found my family, It's time to give back to the communite.

One unique aspect of Rhode Island College is that on campus there is an elementary school, Henry Barnard, which provides jobs for education majors and in classroom experiences. Also, the elementary education program requires students to do service-learning as well as community service in Providence public schools, which gives us experience and real insight. Rhode Island College is also a small community and people help each other out in many different ways.

Rhode Island College class rooms have a very wide range of ethnicities and ages. This certainly has the potential to make RIC a great learning place for students. I love the way each person tha comes to class has a completely different outlook on life than the person sitting next to them because it adds a lot to class discussions.

What is unique about my school compared to other school I considered are the people who go there. It is mostly a commuter college. This means that many people are coming and going. Many of the students work jobs besides going to college. All the people are just very busy working hard both at their jobs and at school.

I only looked at one other school because I knew I wanted to go to RIC for years. It has a great teaching program, and I am going to be in the classroom the second semester of my freshman year which is awesome. Also, the campus is small, and, therefore, it is easier to find the buildings.

Rhode Island College is the only college I applied to after transferring from Community College of Rhode Island. Rhode Island College is unique in not only how many majors are available to pursue but also the close proximity to my house, making for a short commute.

Mostly african students and hispanics make up a majority of the student body. It's a large commuter school, and living off campus isn't really cheaper than living on campus because fees are still added to your bill for facilities you don't even use.

It is sort of in the city but also the suburbs. A large mall is not too far away, in the downtown area. There is a CVS, Stop n Shop, Hollywood Video nearby, good for on campus students. Pretty diverse compared to other schools.