Providence, RI

Rhode Island College

« See more reviews of Rhode Island College

I wish I would have known that Rhode Island College is such a big school. I know not compared to some other colleges but, from some of the colleges I had known of, I didn't know that Rhode Island College was such a big school. Im used to small things, especially since I am a small girl, but, the school overwhelmed me, somewhat, on the first day.

I wish I would have known that the school is a big commuter school. I would have transfereed to a different school, or maybe even better prepared myself somehow. There isn't much of a "scene" for providence either. If you do go out, it is better to go with friends than by yourself. I would have definately had looked up the area a little more.

I wish i had known the staff in my major before i took chose this school. Some of the professors talk to a class as if the students already know the material. They arent very helpful either when you tell them you dont understand something. You need to rely on the textbook or your peers. (SOme of the professors not all of them)

I have returned to college after a nearly twenty year absence to finally complete my Bachelor's degree. I wish I would have known that RIC would be such a comfortable college environment accepting of all types of students. I would not have wasted my energy worrying about being the "only" noticeably older student on campus.

I wish I had known exactly what I wanted to be. I changed my major from elementary education to Justice Studies/ Sociology to Biology. I can say I'm well rounded. I ended up taking a career in law enforcement, but it didn't work out. Now I'm unemployed and running out of money to pay for biology.

I transferred to Rhode Island College my sophomore year and it was the best chose I made. I am very happy here and the only thing I really wish I had known was that it had the same curriculum the other school had that I attended my freshmen year. I would have saved a bit more money.

There wasn't much else I need to know about the school. After coming to the freshmen orientation, everyone treated me respectfully and kindly. Rhode Island College is expanding and with its fair tuition many more students will decide to come here.

I wish I knew the difference between a full time student and part time student in regards to credits. Knowing the distinction would have changed my financial aid.

Probably that its one of the toughest of the 4 years at college and the most different. Once you're in your routine, the 2nd through last year go by smoother.

It would not be as challenging for me in the field I am majoring in and saving money was not the best reason to attend this collge.