Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Kaylin

My classmates all very diverse: you get slackers and procrastinators, teacher's pets and whiz kids.

KAYLIN! Don't screw up! Remember your FAFSA deadlines and apply for every scholarship available to you. Get to class early and make sure to get someone's phone number. Put the phone down! Do NOT text in class. Remember to stock up on scantrons and blue books. Always carry spare change to print things out in the library. Stick through the class til the very end, you might learn something new, even if you don't pass. Remember to smile and laugh, because with all the essays and exams, your classmates will need something to relieve some of their stress. And remember to always have fun, college is the best thing to happen to you!

Parking during the first 3 weeks of school. You can't find a spot anywhere unless you get there at 6:30 am.

Kaitlyn

Stay on track, be a dedicated, hardworking student and you will succeed in everything you put your mind to.

Any person who is motivated to learn and excel in their classes and in life down the road should attend this school. Its a much cheaper approach to college with the same highly rated classes offered at four year institutions.

Someone who doesnt see having a higher education in their future and someone who isnt motivated and confident in their abilities to succeed shouldnt attend this school

Eduardo

Unlike other schools, RCC is near my house . The teachers that I have had were great, they just do not go through a chapter and move onto another, they prefer having an agreement with the lecture is about; that way students understand the material. RCC has a few teachers who teach without a book, by which saves students money. In addition, since I personally did not need to read out of a book for the class, I understood the class clearly because the instructor provided all the important information to succeed. RCC also has affordable units for anyone.

I would tell myself not to get lazy and stay focused on my goal, and do not allow the little things in life slow you down to achieving that goal. In addition, I would tell myself not to think about the future so much and he should just live in the now because in the end everything will unfold. I would not change the college that I am attending now because RCC is a great choice for me. Furthermore, RCC saves me a lot of money for the classes students take at universities, and It provided me with the time I needed to know what I really wanted to do for my career.

The first day of class is always frustrating because there is never enough staff to speed up the process when buying books, and sometimes they run out of books for a certain class. On another note RCC did not really emphasise deadlines when I first started, but since California is having a budget problem they have deadlines for paying my classes before I attend a class. Another issue regarding the budget shortage is not having enough teachers to teach a class for example, English or Chemistry because there are a lot of students who attend at RCC.

karina

I would definitely try to understand better how college is important and how deadlines are very important too. Being on time with the deadlines will give more benefits like in registering early and getting in the calsses we like and need. I would also make sure to turn in all paper work like financial aid and registration papers. Also make sure how to get around the campuses and know wher everything is because at one poitn you are going to need something and not knowing where the places are are bad. Overall just to be on time and know the teachers and campuses well.

The worst thing about my school is that smoking was allowed on campus

Regina

My school is a very comfortable atmosphere and learning environment.

My school is a very comfortable atmosphere and learning environment.

I would tell myself to set a goal for myself and stick to it. Never let the obstacles and setbacks get me down and never give up on my dream. I would suggest setting a study schedule and a good environment that will allow me to be the most productive.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the distance.

Tina

The teachers. I just went back to school, and the 2 teachers I have had were so great, explaining in detail of the assignments and the work. I have had problems in my past learning, math, and as of right now I have an A in the class.

That the medical classes that I have to take are on another campus and some of them are day classes, and I would have to quit my job to take them.

Dorothy

I would tell myself to really challenge myself and take diverse courses which may or may not be specific for my major. College is a time to explore and learn new things which interest you. not just about receiving a degree and I think a lot of students lose sight of that. Not only would this cause individuals to become more well rounded but it may even open a new career option to them that they never thought of before but now interests them.

I wish I had known more about extracurricular activities that were available to the student body. Through conversations with other students and faculty, I have gotten involved in the campus life but if I had been aware of these from the start, I believe I would have had more opportunities to interconnect with others both in and out of the classroom setting.

An individual who is not willing to put up a good effort and simply is not ready for college education and all its responsibilities shouldn't attend this school. Not only would this person waste their time and funds but he or she would be taking the spot of a student who is actually prepared to learn and further their education. Also, by taking time to just live life a situation might arise that will inspire them to pursue a certain career path which requires higher education, and thus, the push that is need to take school seriously.

Richard

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to apply to more colleges. Specifically I would tell myself to apply at colleges across the nation, even if I have no desire to go there. I would tell myself to apply for those obscure scholarships that arent as much as the mainstream ones but I have a better chance at getting. I would tell myself not to fear the transition between high school and college so that my applications will appear stronger. I would tell myself to get into the practice of writing essays so that I wont balk at any scholarship that requires an essay. I would also tell myself to stay away from the UC system as they are going through financial hardships and will be virtually unaffordable. This will save me the hassle of transferring to a community college. But most importantly I would tell myself to apply to the college that I want to go to, to pursue the career that I want to have, and not to be swayed by the words of my parents who have different ideas of what I shoud do.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.