Riverside City College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Riverside City College

Jaylene

I love this college! I have completed my undergraduate classes here and benefited so much from my experience at this college. Classes unfortunately fill up pretty fast, but that's what you can expect from a community college. Overall, this is a very welcoming college with great staff and a pretty campus.

Marlene

I haven't been at the school for every long but the time that I have been I've really enjoyed it. The teachers are also really reliable and are there when needed. I had a few cousins who attended the school and they all gave good comments about it. I now that I am enrolled can also say that it is what they claimed it to be.

Zowie

RCC is a great school to attend to. Its packed so that chances of getting in classes is a fight. You would have to stay for a week or two for somebody to drop, but college life is a grind. Professors are nice, so there descriptions on the syllabus are not on there for a reason. The student store comes in handy and the food is okay. The parking however, forget it so you better come early to get your spot. Literally! Other than that its a nice school.

Nancy

At first, I was disappointed about attending community college instead of a University, but after my first week at RCC my thoughts changed. This school was great, so much change had gone on since the last time I'd been there, there's so many trees, beautiful scenery, but you have to look for it. Every school has professors we do and don't like, mine taught me what I needed to know, and we're always in their office during office hours. There are labs around campus where you can get FREE tutoring! RCC also accepts AP scores so I saved myself A LOT of time and money on English classes. Because of sports and classes, I was on campus during every possible hour and I always felt safe. Cafeteria food was better than expected, and the sports teams at RCC are also great. Overall, my experience at Riverside City College was a positive and memorable one.

I like the school. I enjoy spending my time here, and I also work on campus. There are many opportunities to pursue your dream here on campus. The professors here care about their students and are often available to consult. The arts building is a little dilapidated, but the other buildings are newer with better features.

Mikayla

The college is overall a diverse and academical place where students can relax, study and be themselves. My favorite part of this college is that it is a class size which gives students a more ideal place to interact with the professors more often. I'm glad I started college at Riverside City College because it saves me money for when I transfer to a 4-year college.

Eisha

You can save a lot of money by going here, I personally have saved a lot but textbooks are really expensive. I recommend buying them online from cheap websites. The school doesn't provide housing , so no dorms. The food is really over-prized, I bought a small bag of chips for $1.49. Also, the cafeteria food is not as good. Some classes are really hard compare to other. Most teachers are very passionate about teaching ,so thats good. The campus over all is really nice but since its a open campus, it doesn't feel as safe at night. CARRY A PEPPER SPRAY PEOPLE! Also classes are really hard to get, even if you get on the waitlist, it doesn't necessarily adds you in the class.

Ariene

I think RCC is a great option for someone getting their GE classes and extracurricular classes out of the way. It’s a very clean campus, there’s great food, near downtown Riverside, the teachers here are always willing to help, there classrooms are very rarely overpacked, and the education is great. If you don’t want to get involved or caught up in sororities and things like that, this school is perfect for it. They have an awesome sports team, culinary program, and even a great music program! And they’re constantly upgrading the campus. I think it’s a wonderful school!

I think Riverside Coty college is actually a really good option for people wanting to go to college but not jump in all at once. The schools offers so much from great extracurricular activities such as marching band, track and field, and also offers a variety of different clubs to join such as the archaeology club. The acedemics side of riverside is also very highly praised with nursing and engineer programs that many strive for. There are also tons of students that come from overseas just to attend riverside, I being one myself. Overall Riverside is an outstanding choice as a starter into college life and anyone who attends will enjoy there time here.

Daphne

Riverside City College, for the most part, is a safe, progressive, great place to be. They promote equality, education for people of all ages and walks of life, as well as financial assistance and hundreds of groups for people to connect and receive support. The ladies at the financial aid counter do not know how to treat people right nor do their jobs but the president and the board are extremely caring, devoted and supportive.

Meghan

Riverside City College is a good community college. The pricing is very affordable. Most professors strive to help their students (the early childhood teachers are the BEST professors I've ever had!). However, most students there are not very friendly, and care more for their social/party life than academics.

Melissa

My overall opinion of Riverside City College is that the school is a friendly and helpful nice cleaning environment for the staff and its students. The population of teachers and students are easy to deal with because when asking for information about a location or service, they give information when they can at their knowledge. They might need more counselors or service people to make the services quicker, but overall they contact and strive to make the best possible service for their students. Arts and activities are really big in the game for the RCC tigers. There is always events and workshops going on throughout the month. Students and teachers have pride for their school. The food here that is given in the cafeteria is not the best, but their burritos are bomb! The bookstore and its snacks are on point! Overall the service, people, and events try to succeed for their athletes, students, and staff.

Jaimee

I had an overall great experience with my academics. Professors are incredible, I learned a whole lot from them. I was not very involved with the student community because I only intend to be there for my classes. My academics were my top priorities. Parking needs to be improved upon.

Krystal

RCC has an excellent art department, there are plenty of options from culinary classes to music, and painting classes available. Most math classes are done through Pearson, which is irritating, since I notice it makes the professors lazy they let Pearson do all the work and the teaching. Aside form the math classes needing help most other classes are good, some professors are in and out in a flash, some are very strict on deadlines and attendance and on the other end some are pretty easy going,I haven't really met any in between.

Riverside City College is a beautiful campus that I look forward to attending everyday! The professors clearly want their students to succeed and there are several friendly clubs, groups and programs always welcoming new people to try their passion. The only flaws to campus are the constant vendors and lack of parking!

Anastasia

I love RCC, the location of the college is super nice. The campus itself is very big but also very welcoming. Everyone I’ve met so far has been super friendly. And I’ve learned a lot from all of my professors. Overall I highly recommend to anyone wishing to attend.

Kaitlyn

RCC has some serious Tiger Pride! There are plenty of programs to help you academically and financially. The campus is pretty and easy to access. There are plenty of programs to choose from. The school is really known for their Nursing Program and Interpreting Program. Both are highly competitive and prepare you for the working world.

Noelani

It's a beautiful campus with many friendly faces that are always willing to help. Although it's sometimes hard to get into the classes that you want, the education is great and there is always something to do on campus. The professors are great and always ready to help however they can with whatever you need.

alexa

I believe that Riverside City College has many professors that truly care about students and ensuring that the best learning environment is available. It is often hard to get classes needed to graduate because of how impacted the school is, it would be helpful if the school was expanded to accommodate all of the students that attend RCC.

I think it is a pretty good school with good instructors and amazing opportunities for music, culinary, nursing and cosmetology students in particular. I am in the art program which could use some improvement but the art professors are great! I especially love the opportunities the facilities have, like the library, book store and cafeteria.

David

I am really enjoying my time here at RCC. There' is opportunities for everyone. Whether transferring or wanting to get into a trade, RCC is affordable and the people on campus aren't political or anything they just mind there own business. I'd recccommend it to anybody.

Nathalia

This school is very welcoming and is very well structured. There are many different kinds of people you can become friends with anyone there. It is a peaceful place to be at. The staff there is very helpful and don't mind taking time out of their day to help you with anything that you may need.

Monica

It’s great! I’ve never had so much fun learning

Maria

It great with three campuses in the district and some amazing professors it’s not that hard to graduate in the two years. Just join the many programs offered that will give you priority registration and do your best to pass the classes. There are several programs and events to get students involved and help to transfer to a university

Arianna

Riverside City College is overall a really nice Community College. It has a ton of programs to get you out early as well as if you join almost any club or organization there is priority registration. The classrooms are in need of a make over but they are functional. There is vending machines all over but not enough food places. The library is really nice. The Honors program is amazing it can get you guaranteed admission into big schools like UCLA. There is a large variety of clubs as well.

lenny

my summary overall of this school/college they are a very organized school. from my experience being there. Professors take very interests in their students, they care where they are failing on or need more progress on. Even the staff are very helpful, patient and respectful.

Krystal

RCC is one of the larger community college campuses in the area. I like the environment because I've met a lot of hard working students that are extremely focused on their goals to either transfer to a four-year university or move on to their careers. This college is very close to UC Riverside, so there is a lot of extra curricular activities available. It is also not to far from the Tyler Mall, which is one of the more popular malls in Riverside county. I have experienced a few downsides while attending RCC. For the first few weeks of each semester parking is absolutely terrible. Also, because this school has a large number of students, it is difficult to get into transferable math and science courses if you do not have priority registration.

Hailey

It's a really nice school! There are quite a lot of students, but if you get in on priority registration, you can easily get the classes you want. The professors all seem to be nice; they often inform you of their office hours or how to get contact them.

Karen

Overall Riverside City College has many clubs to join and be a part of, there are many opportunities to take in and use for yourself. It’s a well rounded school to go and finish your two years for transfer. I would recommend anyone to take courses here; great staff, professors, peers, clubs, and many things to learn

Sara

It is a good gate-way school for transferring out. There are many programs who are filled with people who love help and who offer so much for students. Many of the teachers I have had are well qualified and know their subject well. I have enjoyed every class and visited many of my teachers during office hours frequently. However, there are many things that need work such as parking, healthier food options, and more student-involvement.

Jesus

I came to this college on a field trip to learn more about it and whether I want to go to this college or not. And honestly, I really want to go here after high school. They have so many majors there that it's rather hard to choose. But the one major that caught my eye was Animation/ Illustration. This also increased my choice of wanting to go here because I aspire to become an animator or at least an illustrator in my lifetime. I think this college is great for those who have trouble choosing a certain career to go by.

Dalia

i believe riverside city college will provide many good benefits for me. All my family members have been there and they say its a great campus with great people. i hope one day i can be able to go to this campus and experience the same thing. I believe this school is filled with nice people food and education.

A place where most students come in and come out as soon as class is over, RCC’s only advantage is that it can be pretty to look at. Parking is the worst you’ve ever seen, classes are hard to get into due to lack of availability, and don’t even try to get a hold of someone in the office when you need them.

Jordyn

This really is such an extraordinary college. Some people might look at RCC and think it's just a community college, it's not that special. But being able to be apart of this college in incredible. The professors are always there for their students, and aim to help them learn and grow. Being a nursing major, I can speak very highly of their nursing program as well. The college has the best nursing program around, and some of the best nurses I know have graduated from RCC. They have a state of the art facility, and theres so many opportunities to gain experience and knowledge in the field. I wouldn't choose anywhere else.

Chance

Most of the educators really care and are professional. The campus is nice and clean but even if you pay for parking you are lucky to get a parking spot. They have too many empty teacher parking spots. I can't walk to a class without having smoke blown in my face and I haven't found a true organic, healthy food to eat on campus.

Victoria

Riverside City College is a great place with lots of options for you to choose for your future. When I first attended, I was very scared about what I'll choose to do with my path. I remember sitting in the back and actually crying because I was so nervous about what I was doing with my life. Eventually I dropped out for a bit, but then I returned after I searched through the many different classes they had. My first time enrolling I wasn't aware and was just doing my family told me to do. There's so much the school has to offer and I was pleasantly surprised. After speaking to one of the counselors on campus, they helped me tremendously about the classes and the process that I was so scared about from the previous year. I felt much more confident and ready to get ready and go to school. Overall, the college is great and I've met many memorable professors that make me less anxious about achieving my career. I recommend the school to anybody.

Carolina

It's an okay school. People aren't very approachable or helpful. I have had many problems or just been confused with a lot of things and did not have anyone or anywhere to go to. I'm the only kid out of five to have graduated high school and even gone to college so I have no one at home either to help. I wish my school was more helpful.

Sydney

I think RCC is a good choice for students who are not yet ready for University, as the campus size and environment give a university feel in a community college setting. The academics are decent if you find good professors, but your learning is really up to you at any college.

Cristina

Riverside City College is a good place to further your education. From personal experience from the financial aid department, they are not helpful and they do not direct you on what other options there are for you. The professors I received are, however, really helpful and enthusiastic.

Emma

Riverside City College is a great option for students planning to transfer to a 4 year university, or who plan on stopping after their associates degree. The staff I have met have all been incredibly friendly and helpful, which is very important to new college students. Overall, I am glad I chose RCC as the school I attend before transferring to a university.

Ana

I’m barely finishing my first term here at RCC. From my perspective I think it is a good school but it does have its quirks. It’s good in aspects of student services such as Eops. But regarding teachers some do not input any grades or it takes them awhile to respond back to emails. But other than that it is a good school in my perspective.

Arturo

I think this college is great,and I will continue to attend it.This college offers a variety of programs and classes to chose from and from my experience it is a good school.I like the students there,the food and what they have to offer.I do appreciate the services they offer they can really help kid in need.

Elisheva

A good school to wet your feet and figure out how the college experience works. Maybe not the most social of places but still a good stepping stone for people going straight from High School to College with no working experience. It's a hit or miss to find a professor that's willing to listen and help you and a professor who's only there because they didn't like their old job. Overall a good experience, I met some good friends there and learned a lot.

Irvin

My overall opinion of Riverside city is that it is a fantastic campus. Since the first day I stepped foot on this school it has been very welcoming. I just finished my first semester here but I’ve already met a bunch of amazing people. It wasn’t my first choice but I’m glad I came here I would recommend to friends and family.