Riverside City College

« See more reviews of Riverside City College

Before I came to this school there are some things that no one told me before I applied there. One thing I didn't know is that it is somewhat hard to make friends here. I thought I would make lots of friends, but I lost contact with people once a semester is over. Another thing is that the school is over packed with students. Too many people cannot get all of their classes because there are limited staff available per semester. With a short staff, it is nearly impossible to transfer out within two years.

I wish I had known more about extracurricular activities that were available to the student body. Through conversations with other students and faculty, I have gotten involved in the campus life but if I had been aware of these from the start, I believe I would have had more opportunities to interconnect with others both in and out of the classroom setting.

I didn't know that getting into the classes that I wanted to take would be so hard. Now I stay up until 12:01 in the morning the night before the registration dates so I can be the first one signed up for the class. I wish I also knew that certain classes were on opposite sides of the campus.

I wish I had know how difficult it is to get classes and how impacted the school is. It will also take a minimum of 3 years to complete all the classes needed to transfer. I wish someone would have told me those things because I would not have attended.

That the medical classes that I have to take are on another campus and some of them are day classes, and I would have to quit my job to take them.

I wish I had known that I had the opportunity to shoot for a higher school.

How much financial aid was out there.; I could have done a lot better.