Roane State Community College

« See more reviews of Roane State Community College

If i could go back into time, I would have been a better student in high school. In high school everyone cares to much about social status and the next fun thing. I would have spent more time studying, and applying myself to my school work. I come from a small town, that does not take education seriously. Most of my graduating class has already dropped out of college and that is shocking to me. If I could go back into time, I would encourage my classmates to stay in school and try to convince them of the importance of a education. I think they just needed someone to believe in them, and I could have been that person. In a small town like mine, college is not looked at as a neccesity, but as a option. If i could go back to my senior year of high school, I would try to change the lifes of my classmates and encourage them to be all that they could be. I wish I could convince them that a education is a great gift for themselves and a gift that no one can take away from them.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself to reach my full potential. I would tell myself that time flies after high school and the world is not a joke. I would tell myself to set high standards and not to be discouraged, but to always give my all. The sky truly is the limit; physical and mental abilities are only half the battle. I would distinguish that college isn't just eight am classes and cramming for finals; college is about hard work and what will become of it. I would tell myself not to be afraid or to doubt my abilities, because I can do more than I allow myself to believe. I would tell myself failure is a matter of opinion & it's nothing to be scared of. I would tell myself to keep my eye on the prize, always do my best, never forget that giving my all is the best I can do, and to always believe I can do more than the world tells me I can. I would simply state that being successful can only happen if you let it.

This is a really funny question I beat myself up about this every single day. Im just going to be honest in high school I didn terrible I didnt pay attention to anything at all than after I got out and realized how important school was I grew up real quick, I listened to people tell me my whole life I cant make it and I will fail, now I have turned that into my motivation I cant wait til the day that I graduate from college and can send them all a invitation and show everyone that its never to late to turn it around. Now whenever I get a chance I tell young people around me how important it is to listen to your teaches and make something of themselves. All I want to do is be able to stay in school and be able to be sucessful and show people that I can do it, that I will turn my life around, and that is just what I am doing. I would like to recive this scholarship to make this change much easier thank you so much for considering me. God bless..

If I were given the chance to talk to myself as I senior I would have tons of things to tell myself. I would start by letting myself know that any class I take counts and will stick with me for the rest of my life. I would let myself know how important it is to have time management skills so that I would have ability to keep up with a busy life and school schedule. As well as the ability to not become overwhelmed by it all. As many times as I had heard it I would remind myself how important it is to pay attention and listen carefully. I would advise myself not to get caught up in hanging out with friends and partying. Although everyone needs a break occasionaly it's important to stay focused and dedicated so that I could reach my goals faster and more efficiently. I would also tell myself that I should find an advisor. Someone to talk to that could help me figure out which classes I will need and the best route to take to get to my degree.

PAY ATTENTION !! Listen up, this guy knows what he's talking about, and your paying to hear it. It's cold and lonely out here, but it's also all exciting and new, so make the most of it. Study, study, study, then take a break, walk around some, then study more, those numbers matter. That cute little girl you've been seeing, tell how you realy feel asshole, or your going to regret it for a long time. Learn that "I'm sorry" is not a sign of weakness or it will cost you. Dont worry what the others are doing, do your own thing and enjoy this time. Write you folks, on paper please, mom cant save an e-mail forever, but she will that card or note you take the trouble to write, and they deserve at least that much. Most of all, dont worry about next year, or next month or any of that crap, work on getting right now down, and the rest will fall in place.

First I would tell myself that I am my own boss, and no one can tell you where to go to college. I would reassure myself that I was making the right decision about going to college and that I didn't need a high dollar college to get the education that I need. I think I would have told myself to prepare myself a little better so that getting the courses I needed would be easier. I would have pushed myself to go ahead and go to college instead of waiting until I was 30 years old. There are so many choices out there of what you can do and where you can go. The possibilities are endless. I would have told myself to explore every corner of as many degrees that seemed interesting to me so that when it came time to choose a career, I would have a broad range to choose from and maybe I could have a great future and a rewarding future as well.

I would have told myself not to wish it all away. In high school I was very eager to get out of there and just graduate. Now, I would give anything to go back. In, high school a person never really realizes what is in store for them when they go to college. I realize now that graduating meant so much more than just getting out of there. Graduation meant no longer seeing your best friends, because now they go to different school. Now, you have to grow up( for real this time). You have bills that you never even dreamed of paying in high school. The real world is thrown at you FAST! I was nowhere near prepared to face all these things. Ultimatly, I would have faced these things eventually, so I would go back in time and tell myself to embrace every laugh, cherish every tear, and never wish any of it away!

I would advise myself to really think long and hard about what my goal is to achieve by attending college. A lot of years were wasted, because I didn't know what I wanted to do in the end. I would, also, advise to study hard, and to push through when classes get hard, and other things seem to come up. A class only last about 18 weeks, with a few breaks in between. Anyone can handle something for 18 weeks. Also, do not just assume that everything that someone employed by the school tells you are going to be correct. It is not! My last peice of advice would be to not be afraid to meet new people and make new friends. One never knows where or when a relationship can actually help another in the long run, whether it be helping to get a new job, or anything. Always have fun and a good spirit.

I would tell myself to have fun be more involved with friends and activities, study harder and make better grades. I would also tell myself not to get disracted by a boy, even if I thought he was the ONE. Stay at home dont just blow up and move out of your parents house over that same boy he isnt the one and wount be there in the long run you are just setting your self for heartache. Dont lose touch with friends there will be times that you really need them. They will help you through everything. Go for your dreams never forget who you are! Follow your dreams all the way to the end! Become the teacher you want to live life to the fullest. Always spend time with your family you cant get them back when they are gone dont lose those presious moments.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to do what I knew I was passionate about. I am the only one who has to live my life. Everyone that was pulling me in so many directions to do what they thought I should do not have to go through life with my passions and my personality. The only person that knows me best is me, and I should go with what I know I would be excellent at. I would tell myself that if I don't go ahead and do what I want now, that I will end up with a degree that does not do much for me in the grand scheme of things. I would tell myself that in 10 years I will be going back to school for what I knew I should have done right out of high school anyway.