Robert Morris University Top Questions

It is a great school with easy to find rooms. If you want a big school with lots of parties, Robert Morris is not for you. With all of the construction, tuition is going up. Classes are great and almost all of the faculty is fantastic and passionate about what they are doing.

Ana

Some people may call me weird, but I actually like going here. I complain about certain things but then I realize that I'm paying a lot of money to go here and I might as well make the most of it. What I love about RMU is that I've been able to meet people that have made a positive impact in my life. Not just the students here but also the professors and faculty. One thing I would change here would be to have a greater food selection, I love food and we could definitely have more variety. Also the prices of some of the things here are crazy! One of the top complaints of the students here. I like that my school isn't too big where you feel overwhelmed by the amount of people I see everyday but also its not too small where you see the same people every single day. People usually don't know what or where RMU is and that's okay. I spend most of my time either in my suite because this is where I sleep, eat, do my homeowork and hang out with my friends. RMU is located in an suburban town but we're 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, so we're not far from the city life. I like how there's school pride during football and basketball games but we could expand that to other sports. An experience I'll always remember here is when I had to walk to my classes on the first day of school. Your schedule is scattered throughout the day that sometimes you forget when your classes are!

My favorite thing about RMU is that it is close to the city of Pittsburgh (15-20 minute drive), but it doesn't have the feel of a city campus. I love going jogging around the nature trails on RMU's extensive property, I love that my friends and classes are so close that I don't have to take a bus, and I love feeling secure on campus, no matter what the time of day or night. One complaint about the school is that because so many students live close, a decent amount go home on the weekends - but that doesn't mean all the students do. There is always something to do or people to hang out with, regardless if it is a weekday or weekend. For being a D-1 school, there is not as much "RMU pride" as one would expect, but the Colonial Crazies student section has been growing since the success of the sports teams in the last few years.

The best thing about Robert Morris is that everyone is cool with everyone. There are bound to be a few snobs, but it seems like you can talk to, play sports with, study with, party with, or do anything else with anyone on campus no matter who their friends are. If I had to change one thing, I would add a pool. We just purchased the Holiday Inn to convert into dorms, and it has a pool, but a lap pool on campus would be great. The size is just about right. You are a name and not a number but there is always someone around to hang out with. The school used to be stereotyped as a lower-class institution by other students I went to high school with, but I assure you that in the real world, whether your major is business, nursing, actuarial science, or anything else, RMU has the utmost respect given to it. The school spirit is excellent with the core sporting events having a wild atmosphere where the cool kids and the bookworms can paint themselves navy and red and sit in the front row screaming in support together. Overall, it is a great university and while I could have gone virtually anywhere with my SAT scores and resume, I do not think for a moment that I "settled."

Chrissy

This school is very student-oriented. I love how much professors care about students and want them to succeed

Ethan

Life is somewhat that way too. RMU is an inviting place that its easy to meet new people at. If you're going to be boring and not be willing to try new things you can go be a hermit in your room. However there are those that are extroverts and for them it will be easy to feel the lights shinning their way. The academics make me a little nervous because I believe they're just average.

Sam

I'm in my fourth year at RMU and a lot has changed since my freshmen year. There have been so many changes, such as renovations to all of the dorms (expect one), two new buildings and larger incoming classes. I have enjoyed the new waves of underclassmen because they bring the change. RMU is a small school, about 5000 students and only 1000 on campus. Personally, I love the the small size, it is similar to a small town. Almost everyone knows each other but there are still those students you do not know, but when I mention the school to people outside of PA they have not heard of it. One thing I have always wanted to change was to take away the use of cars for freshmen on campus. It is quite on campus during the weekends with nothing to do, especially if you are under 21. Once you turn 21 there are a few bars in the township, but everyone travels to South Side in Pittsburgh. Luckily for RMU there is room for more improvements and the administration is working hard to do so. RMU just built a brand new apartment building on campus and purchased the Holiday Inn down the street to create a stronger school spirit. This year the homecoming football game had its first game under the lights, which brought in the largest crowd on record. Overall, RMU is a young school trying to mature into a university, by creating a strong community.

Sam