Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

So the student body is made up of a very diverse group of people the majority of them being gamers and just those who are social awkward but there are normal people here. Everyone is pretty driven to succeed and are all really nerds but they can still have fun. Then there are the art students that are everywhere just taking pictures and carrying around tool boxes.

RIT is very very very diverse. A lot of respect for all the cultures and different background's is expected by everyone. If you dont like to study. RIT is no the place for you. If you cant stand different personalities , RIT is not for you...Get used to different races and over all hearing impaired people ( they a very important part of RIT culture)

Most students wear jeans to class, although you will see the one or two computer science kids that look like they came from the matrix. Sometimes you'll walk by someone who's barefoot (whether in the winter or in the dining hall, and they're probably friends with the matrix kid you saw in the computer science building).

The students who attend the Rochester Institute of Technology are very diverse not only culturally, but socially, and participate in a wide variety of activities that range from photography and art to research in a lab, from parties with a lot of people to hanging out with a couple friends in the dorms or apartments.

Out at dinner you're likely to see a table of deaf students signing while they eat, some teammates at another table, an entire hallway out to eat together, and some friends from different buildings and majors. RIT is really diverse and an opportunity to met people from different religions, nations, and interests.

There's people here from around the world, and they represent every kind of interest. There's clubs and activities put on by the student government, but since it's a large campus you just have to remember they DO exist. There's artists and there's engineers, so you can dress as nice or crappy as you want.

what student would feel out of place = any normal person wear to class = sweat pants/jeans and t-shirts/hoodies different types of students interact = no most students from = rochester, buffalo, international politically active = no right-handed people talk about how much they'll earn = yes

The campus is an overall friendly and accepting school. No one would feel out of place at this school because what ever you like, we have it, if you think you are "unique" you aren't alone. This is probably the most accepting and unique schools out there.

I think this campus is very open to all people. people wear sweats to class, it really doesn't matter what you look like in class. You kinda gotta have money to go here though. 4 tables: Social geeks, the loaner, the jocks, and the art (girls) table

My fellow classmates here at the Rochester Institute of Technology are well rounded, supportive, helpful, creative, careful, intuitive, and active; the students and my fellow classmates all share a common goal, working toward being successful.