Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

There are a few things to brag about when telling my friends about RIT. The first and by far the best is the quality of the education. The professors here are well versed in their respective fields and, for the most part, are able to convey their knowledge effectively to the students. The other nice thing about the school is the atmosphere. Since this is a tech school, the people here tend to fit in well together as most share similar interests. Everyone seems to be accepting and I have yet to encounter and negativity towards any other students.

I have befriended some of the strangest, most open and inspiring people in my time at my school. These people are undergraduates, post-graduates, alumni and professors. Soon after my freshman year, my personal focus shifted from weekend parties to actively seeking meaningful conversations and exploring the city nearby. The diverse network of people who are willing to help out in times of need and times of comfort, and the qualities of these people is the absolute richest part of my life, and the comminity of the university I attend.

I brag most to my friends about RIT for the constant activities and events always occuring at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I'm never bored or just sitting around with nothing to do. Along with my academic work, I have a healthy balance of social time with the variety of amazing people here on campus. I can easily try new things wether it be learning to sign in ASL, try sushi for the first time, or learn how to longboard, and I can easily do all of those things in just one day, at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Our amazing orientation program. I believe it's in the top 10 list of best orientation programs in the US. I also brag about our Div 1 hockey team, my excellent access to alumni, and the amount of clubs and physical education classes that are offered here. We can take massage, juggling, rock climbing, scuba diving...the list goes on. We also have a barn on campus, "The Red Barn", in which students can go rock climbing. The housing here is also amazing-big rooms and nice facilities.

Unlike other schools on the semester system, RIT is set up on the quarter sysetm. A course is taught in just ten weeks, so if you don't like it, it will be over before you know it. You would be surprised how much information you get during such a short period of time, and you get to take more classes than other students on the semester system, because you regester three times a year (or four if you opt to take classes during the summer quarter).

I have met so many people while on campus and I've made tons of friends. I was a little bit of a loner in highschool just because my highschool was more artsy than technically oriented. Now that I'm at a tech school, I've met tons of people with similar intrests. There's also tons of activities on campus and you're never bored. There's always a play or something to go to when you have free time.

I brag about the food on campus there are eleven places to eat on campus. The food at most of the places is excellent and we have a new housing establishment right off campus built specificly for RIT students and there are many more places to eat there. There are also many restaurants within a five minute drive off campus. I love it!!

Our animation teachers. Every freshman in the film/video/animation program this year takes a class with the animator who did Captain Crunch, Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam, (and more) and many of the upper-level animation classes are taught by the animator who worked on major scenes from movies like "Coraline."

It is one of the most prestigious schools in the country, and the program I am in which is Industrial Design is ranked #3 in the U.S. Also we are a co-op school and our job placement for all our majors is at least 90% most of the time it is around 98% though. That what I love to brag about

The size and divercity of the school. There is always something to do or someone new to meet. And if you are bored all you have to do is take a walk around campus and you are more than likely going to find something to do, something that is going on, at least when it's not winter.