Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

Someone who doesn't mind being around some rather strange, sometimes socially-awkward people. The biggest majors here are computer-related - game design, computer science, computer engineering, etc. There is an unusually high number of people who spend far too much time behind a computer screen and not enough time outside or talking to real people. Also, speaking of "outside", it is really cold here during the school year. However, if you decide to stick around and do research on campus for the summer, you will be rewarded by mild summer temperatures and excellent weather.

The Rochester Institute of Technology is a very rigorous learning environment that constructs it's curriculum under the quarter system which can impose much stress on students. Its atmosphere is composed of very talented, creative, and highly intelligent individuals that are extremely focused on their academic success. RIT boasts a diverse campus which allows students to innovate and explore endless opportunities in and outside of their field. Any individual with a passion for education and a solid work ethic should consider RIT.

The kind of person that should attend Rochester Institute of Technology should be a person who wants to know how to do their future job with the latest technology. Rochester Institute of Technology is a place where the technology is always changing and people learn exactly what they need to so that they will be succesful in the future at their job. This school also has co-op and internship opportunites so the students can go and apply what they have learned in a actuall work setting so students are set up well for the future .

Anyone who likes the arts and computers but there are also a lot of people with different interest to meet here on campus, sports always stick together even though we are not a big sports school the teams are like big families, same with frats and sororities. someone who takes their school work seriously there is so much work and a lot of time put into your school work, especially if your an art major foundations are time consuming, hard to balance social extra curricular and academics because academics take up a lot of time.

a person who is embraces iversity of all kinds. It is a place with all kinds of people and experiences. It is no joke school so be prepared to do your work, most people are there for that reason and thst reason only. It is not a huge party school, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. Very technology based, so if you aren't a fan of doing most everything on the computer, or using it to help you, I wold reconsider.

Overall I feel that the person that should attend this school is someone that wants to work hard for their degree and maintain a social life as well. I feel that RIT is well balanced at providing a stimulating learning environment as well as a fun and reasonable social environment as well. There are plenty of fraternities and sororities therefore there is a strong greek environment as well.

Any person can attend this school. There are people from every walk of life and all corners of the world, no one should feel discouraged. Everyone is accepting of one another and they offer a fantastic education in lots of majors and minors. Though it is notorious for its technological and deaf community appeal, I study medicine here and love it.

I think any kind of person can attend this school, though it is favorable that you are a tech student or something along those lines. While this school does have great art, music, etc buildings, classes, and resources, RIT is still a technology school and thats what the main majors are.

Someone who is motivated and hard working. This school requires a lot of time dedicated to academics and graduating from RIT is something to be proud of in my opinion. If you are looking to party and drink all the time than this is not the place for you.

I believe that if you have a passion for anything technical you'll definitely fit in at RIT. Of course there's other majors but a majority of the people I've met are nerds like myself so if you're nerdy you should attend here.