Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

I think depend on individual to everyone. Everyone is exploring going school and social many different type of people into networking. Person shouldn't go this type of school does not have part of technical skills rlate iself school. Our school mostly focus on technology, depend mostly using hands, computer, computer science, libral course so on. I believe everyone has different persepective explor in school and see what potiental they can have before pick out the major or got accpeting into their field. As myself, I have seen things many people transfer to different school doesn't fit in major.

Any student who is searching for a party school or a generally sociable crowd of people to engage with may be better off finding a different school. Liberal arts students may want to consider other options. People who require a large amount of financial aid should not attempt to attend RIT unless they are sure of getting it from an outside source. Also, and this is important, if you do not have a car, you will be stuck in the middle of a large commercial development with poor transportation to and from the adjacent city.

If you are really into collegiate sports, I wouldn't go to RIT. Don't get me wrong, RIT does have a strong athletic program, especially the Men's Hockey Team.; however, RIT doesn't compare to those Division I schools like Duke and Michigan where the whole school is extremely school spirited and weekend activities revolve around the basketball or football teams. Also, if you think college is one big party, RIT isn't the place for you, as the campus is dry.

Extremely serious and conservative people should NOT attend RIT, because the community as a whole is very laid-back, chummy, and has open arms! Some pretty crazy antics go down here, and no one takes themselves too seriously. We are also a bunch of nerds and geeks, so if you can't respect MMORPGs or people who sometimes prefer studying over partying, you would be better off somewhere else.

Someone who has a hard time steping out of their shell to find friends and things to do. RIT is a great school with something for everyone and there are lots of people with all kinds of interests. However you wont be forced to be social so if you have a hard time going out there and finding things RIT may not be for you

In my opinion I would say that there isn't a "kind of person" that wouldn't enjoy going to school here. I absolutely love it and I think that it's a great school. RIT is fulled with unique people have come together to be great friends. If you don't like to work hard, then RIT is not the school for you.

It's tough question I've never heard before. But I think it would be criminal who have done horrible. Criminals shouldn't attend and has no trustwrothy to us. But not drug criminals like who addicted to drugs. If they should stay clean if they could go to college because they're importants.

RIT is known for being a school of science and technology. I wouldnt suggest this school to anyone interested in any type of liberal arts majors. It has a strong engineering, computing, and science base, for those interested in education, music, or business I would not recommend RIT.

There are a lot more males than females at the school, especially in the tech related colleges. Anyone bothered by that probably shouldn't attend. Also, anyone who prefers a city lifestyle. RIT is located in a suburb-like place and the public bus system is kind of difficult.

A person who has a habit of drugs, it is fairly easy to acquire them on the campus but difficult to maintain grades with them and you're just taking the space of someone else who wants to be there and deserves it more and who won't throw it away like they do.