Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

I have gotten a fluxuating feeling of confidence from my college experience. I try to bring consistancy to school, because my school does not always offer it. On the other hand, some staff and teachers know that their school has some abnormalities, and from that, a sense of comradery is established. I have learned that good work ethic will make or break a student experience. I have gotten the oppurtunity to help others in their studies, and this in turn gives me motivation to succeed in my own. I can get very depressed if I am not doing well in a course, and I value help from other students, this also helps me to get over whatever pride that I may have. I value the time spent in my area of acedemic intrest, my skills of focus thrive during my time in school. I also consider going to college an investment, and I find myself compairing other investments to it. I I dont think that I will be able to sum up my experience until after I graduate, but as of now, college is the biggest challenge of my life!

Time really does fly when you’re having fun. It feels like just yesterday you were playing marbles in the dirt. You never thought senior year would come, but look at you now. Each day you wake up and get ready for school is another day of building success. Although you want to make your last year of high school memorable, don’t forget that this is one the most important years of high school. I know you’re excited about going to college, but remember that it’s not all fun and games. As you enter college, go with the mentality of knowing you can conquer anything that comes your way. Take every class serious and pour your heart into every assignment. There will be days where everything seems to just pile up on top of you, but nothing is impossible and every problem has a solution. Don’t put anything to the side; turn in everything ahead of time before deadlines. If you follow these simple suggestions college will be a breeze for you. Remember you’re young and what you do now will affect your future. Good luck!

The first and most important thing about finding a good fit for a college is what the student wants. Of course parents may or may not be able to afford one's entire tuition, but there are many ways to attain aid for school. I came from an underprivledged family where both of my parents did not work. I was able to live up to expectations and attend a private high school on scholarship and have most of college covered. Cost seems to be the make or break issues for most families in deciding where to send their child to college. Second, the environment needs to suit the student. Whether it be a large or small school, every student has a preference. In order to make the most out of their experience, they need to be comfortable. You do not want your son or daughter having a negative attitude heading into their first year of college. In the end, it is what you make of it. Going to college brings in a new level of responsibility. The more you put into your college experience, the more you will get out.

If I could go back in time, when I was a senior in HS, the year was 1982. I would tell myself that the things that felt like a "big deal" at the time were not really that "big". That consistently being nice to people would benefit everyone. That paying it forward is huge. That life is hard, and there are way bigger challenges than high school, but that the joys will be felt deeper as time goes by. I would say that people you love may hurt you, but some you love will always be there. There is a lot of mentally unstable people in this world, but don't let instability wreck your stability. That wonderful friends and family are priceless. I would remind myself that money does not buy happiness, but that working hard in school will help secure a stable job that will help with basic needs and more. Stick it out in college right after high school. Going back to get a degree at middle age is not really fun, but much needed to advance your career. Enjoy the time in high school, it was the best.

I was high school senior year, I was forward looking Rochsester Institute Technology accept me for fall 2010. I filled Rochester Institute Technology's application on January 2010. On feburary, My meeting was first for senior trasnsiton to college. I choice rochester institute technology. I have planned for it. Vocational Rehbitiliton was my counselor for planned which i will go to college. I alway choice is Rochester Institute Technology in my life. I want to go there while i am away from my family. I have still my goal in the future. I wanted to make it enter college. However, my VR conuselor refused to support me for school because it is too expensive school's expense. I had to fill an application of student loans to pay my school's expense. After I graduated from high school, I was excited and nervous to see the real world. I felt that I wasn't ready for college. however, I made it throught a year in Rochester Institute Technology. I was happy that I am student of Rochester Institute Technology.

I transferred to RIT after a one year break from another private university, which I attended for 2 years. When I first started college it was right out of high school, I didn't know what I wanted to study, and I was not ready to leave home. I learned a lot about myself during those first 2 years, while I commuted from home and took a mix of liberal arts courses, but no more than I could have learned going to a community college, which would have been several thousand dollers cheaper for my parents. Taking the year break from school changed my life. I experienced the real world while I worked full time and rented my own apartment, which both allowed and made me take responsibility for the way I managed my time and money. Working a minimum wage job also helped me realize the value of a BS degree. Those life experiences helped me make a better decision on where to go to college. Paying for my own way, now, has also helped me appreciate my education at RIT, and motivated me to make the very best of it.

No matter how many times, how many dfferent ways nor the frequency at which it is told, advice is only capable of preventing, rather than creating. My future-self at the age of twenty would write on the walls surrounding my sixten-year-old self's bed, hoping to draw out the creativity I held onto for fear of the repercussions and consequences of expressing ideas, states and emotions so vulnerable and personal. The message would start off simply,"Create" and in fine print, "physicalize from within yourself the ideas and dreams you hold onto so tightly. If you do not share them, they do not exist" and in even finer print, "one day you will engage in an existentialist course and discover that the reality of circumatances is constantly changing. And when you die, your dreams and ideas die with you unless they are written, illustrated -- somehow communicated/expressed (in a cohesive way). " And maybe as a footnote,"It's difficult to believe in oneself, and confidence is not an absolute," as a validation.

What I have gotten from my college experience is a taste of real life. Ever since I have been at UVA, I continuously had to struggle financially to stay in because out of state tuition is hard to manage. I have had countless meetings and I have always found a way to make it to the next year. But this year I am out of school and see how the world looks at you. I have witnessed the atrocious job market because I cannot find a job and have been searching for a couple months. This year off so far has made me grow up. UVA taught me how to balance large amounts of work in order to complete what is important, time management. I see how important work is compared to the night life. But I also learned that if you do not relax, then you can burn yourself out. I have learned to get along with people that before I would never had associated with in another place. Overall, college has matured me to a level where I can look at myself as a distinguished individual and the lessons will help me in life’s obstacles.

I went to community college because I received A+, which paid for two years for me. While that was a great deal and all, I don't really feel challenged enough. Students are still being "spoon fed" so to speak. I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa and that is about the only thing that I've gotten out of community college. Most of the students there seem really immature and that makes it hard for professors to take their classes seriously. I worked hard to be able to go to college and I would like to continue to do so. I suppose that college has taught me that some valuable skills such as, speaking, writing, and getting along well with others. I've made some friends that have helped me through some rough times. If it weren't for this college, I don't think I would have made it at a university simply because I would have been thrown in to a new experience without prior knowledge and experience. I hope that I will be able to get some scholarships so I won't have to pay for my transfer school out of pocket.

Over the past year of college I not only learned much more then I knew when graduating from high school, but also I have grown up unbelievably. Right when I first started commuting back and forth twenty-frive minutes to college everyday, my first real job came along as well. Between paying for my bills and trying to put myself through college money was tight and at times just was not there. That was when I learned my first valuable lesson that money does not grow on trees. However, through the struggle I made it and my grades have been excellent from the start. However, over the past year I have broken out of my 'shy shell' and realized that the best way for me to get the full on college experience is to go away to school where I can put full concentration into my school work and give it my all towards nursing school. Therefore, from my college experience I have become upon up to a whole new world of learning and it has inspired me to never give up and no matter what keep moving toward my dream.