Rochester Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Rochester Institute of Technology

For RIT, it's difficult to choose just one thing. I orginally chose to attend for the plentiful amount of opportunities and high degree of career orientation. With career fairs, co-ops, and so many established connections with RIT's profound name and many well-known companies, I am confident I'll be prepared for the "real world". However, from just being at RIT for a semester, I've become so thankful for the diversity of the people and cultures I've been exposed to. From international students, to becoming acquainted with deaf culture, it really is an enriching experience.

The best thing about this school is that they include deaf students to come to this college to get their degree. There students that signs. Alot of teachers and people that help students out with studies at the learning center. They have great hockey team to watch. At this school, alot of people of alot of spirit in deaf power. At this school, you can meet alot of people that is just like you from different states. There clubs, activities, movies night and comedy. They have great dorms space for students and lounges for people to chat and hang out.

My incentives to enroll at RIT were the state of the art technical facilities offered to all students, the focus on preparation for future employment, and the willingness of the school to give back. Even before my freshman year, I was offered to take part in a summer internship program which I consider one of the best choices of my life. The college not only offered me payment for work in my field, but a chance to adapt to the school and forge lasting connections with other students in the same year and older before even attending.

The best thing about RIT for many students would probably be the opportunities many majors have for being placed in internships and co-ops. This does not apply to my current major. Therefore, for me personally I would say the best thing about RIT has been the people I have had the opportunity to meet; whether a friend or a stranger, everyone I have come across has helped shape me in some way, even if just by provoking my thoughts about who I am, my academic success, and what I want to do with my life.

The best thing about RIT is how much it prepares its students for life after college. The four to six years we spend here are meant to teach us what we need to know to survive on our own and lead independent lives. RIT's Co-op programs and internships allow the students to start making connections within their future areas of work before they actually have to pay bills and raise families. Graduates here have a higher chance of finding work fast than the graduates of the majority of other colleges.

RIT fosters a lot of self-growth and a lot of imagination, and I like that most out of everything in the school. I like that there's a club of people who want to build and race cars-- and they do it. I was part of a club to learn Esperanto that shut down because we couldn't find someone on campus who could moderate us-- but there were people interested and we continuted to meet even though we didn't have club status. RIT is just a place where if you like to learn, you will.

The best thing about my school is what gets accomplished. The improvement of life, I think, is the overall goal of everything that happens at RIT. We have very inventive minds at RIT, and very capable people too. The co-op office (internship office) helps a lot with that. This office helps us get jobs as to what we are interested in and allows us time to see if we really want to persue what we want or change direction. RIT should stand for Real Innovation Today.

I think the people here are amazing. I've learned so much from the professors here and the people I know are really awesome people. This school allows you to get to know a really diverse group of people so your friends can have art majors, engineering majors, environmental science and enhlish majors just to name a few. I felt at home here the minute I stepped foot on the campus and do not regret coming here in the least!

This school really helps you obtain a full-time job in your dream field. The co-op office staff prepares you for interviews and gives you advice on how to improve your resume. By having a co-op requirement, students here are guaranteed to succeed in life no matter what they major in. Professors here also can help you in getting an internship and are willing to help you out with any you need help with.

The Rochester Institute of Technology is the leader in career driven undergraduate co-op programs. RIT boasts a 95% job placement by requiring students to work in their field with leading employers such as Boeing, Cisco, NASA, CIA, and FBI to name a few. Students can work anywhere in the world and gain valuable experience and knowledge to attribute to their undergraduate coursework.