Roosevelt University

« See more reviews of Roosevelt University

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell him to be on top of everything. Don't just sit around and wait for things to come to me. I should take initiative and do things on my own. Also, to talk to my professor(s) if I have any issues with my courses. That is what they are there for. Finally, don't wait till the last minute to get help because then it will be too late.

Don't bother applying to those state schools or schools with the stereotypical "college campus". You are a city girl. You belong in a big city. There's always new friends to be made and things to do. Be on the cross country team in the fall of freshman year, but don't do track. Don't take physics with Dr. White, because he's an awful professor. Join Alpha Phi Omega your freshman year, it's a blast.

The advice I would give myself is I would go into college as soon as I graduate high school. I would tell myself that I should care more about myself and my studies. I would get the best possible grades and participate in as much activities as possible. I would tell myself not to quit when things get to tough because the outcome would be great for my future.

Experience as much as you can!! Don't be afraid to be yourself and do what you want. This is the time to find out who you really are. Meet as many people as you can and truly immerse yourself in the college world. While you have as much fun as possible, remember to work just as hard. It will help you once you graduate for sure.

I would tell myself to do things that make me happy. For a while I only did things to appease others, but I've finally realized that I am the one who has to live with my decisions and I only get one life to live. I would also tell myself not to stress out over the little things because eventually those all fall into place.

My college experience has been worth every minute so far. I have learned you have to try and put one hundred and ten percent in your school work to be able to reach your goals in having a seccessful career. It has shown me to value my education and strive to do my best everyday.

I've gotten a clear, fresh, and exciting perspective of life. I was given some of the best times, experiences, and opportunities of my life, and they are now priceless. Who I am now would be inconceivable to the person I was.

Save every penny you have, and don't spend it all on going out to eat, movies, shopping, gas. Stay in more, but study like crazy. Pick the best school for the money and living situation. Prepare to graduate in 3 years.

I would tell myself to do better in highschool because I was average. I would also tell myself not to make montains out of mole hills and find positive ways to de-stress myself.

Before you select a school explore somemore of your options. Find time during the summer and go to the school you are looking at not just guessing that it would be awesome.