Lacey, WA
Saint Martin's University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Martin's University

Stay true to who you are, be relentless in the pursuit of your dreams, and don't give up on your own education.

My school Brandman University, was not an option in the school drop-down list and this university is located on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. The worst thing about Brandman, most people in the Tacoma, Pierce county area have never heard about Brandman University.

I brag most about the amazing advisors, class sizes, and flexibility of class scheduling; being able to take an in-seat and online course simultaneously.

Christian

I initially hesitant about attending a school where monks take an active role in the education process. One of the monks have become a good friend of mine and has been instrumental in my success. He directs me to financial assistance to help me not only continue my education but has assured that my six year old can have a nice Christmas. It is the monks of the school that keep the concept of helping others alive and well in this school.

The strongest advice I could give myself would to not wait for college. Yes I had many amazing life experiences that wouldn't have happened while in college, yet there had been many financial struggles due to not getting a degree. Do not wait to find what you are passionate about. When you feel you will be missing out on part of life while in college, you need to consider that college life is also worth considering. The friends that will be made, the experiences gained, and the connections are well worth the time put in. Now having a son of my own, I wish I could have had that college degree before he was born. Now I struggle, at times, to support his needs. If I could have completed college years earlier he and I would have all our basic needs met. I would be able to provide a good life for his opposed to currently having, at times, to choose homework or my son. I go to school for him but must choose school, at times, to be able to provide him a better future. College straight out of high school would have been the better choice.

The best thing about St. Martin's is the rich sense of school history. There are reminders of education being part of this property for years. Just like all schools, St. Martin's has average professors and amazing professors. I have been able to find some amazing instructors here with a unique view of life and brings that to their instruction time. This school has a high success rate for place future teachers, as myself.

Resie

I really can't think of the worst thing. I thoroughly enjoy my school.

I really can't think of the worst thing. I thoroughly enjoy my school.

Don't think you can't acheive your goals. If you believe you can do it, go for it. Make sure you're truely motivated and give your all to what you know you are capable of. You do belong in higher education and don't be nervous you gain so much.

Anyone that is selfish and narrow minded. Everyone is welcome and the reason I say that is because it might hard for someone who doesn't like diversity to feel comfortable.

The best thing about Saint Martin's University is the people I have met here. Most professors genuinely care about students success. The other students I have met at SMU are some of the nicest people. If you meet the right people at SMU, your experience will be far better. I have met a group of people that I love being with, and they make the college experience worthwhile.

If I were a college senior about to transition to college again, I would have told myself to look into more schools. I say this because I feel I limited myself while looking for my dream college. Unfortunately for me, I could not afford my dream school, but I feel as if I made the best choice. I love my school, and would not transfer. I think though that if I had broadened my horizons and looked at schools a little bit further from home I may have found more schools that I was interested in. Also, I would suggest visiting a school while it is in session to get a good idea of the school during the school year. Visiting a campus over the summer or during a break may give you false impressions as to what happens during the school year. If at all possible, set up a visit to stay with a current student over night and see what the campus is really like. This way, there will be no surprise about campus life when school starts up.

Devin

A person who is by the book, one who does not party, studys all the time, and loves community service

Great school with a big connection with the community and a bigger one with their students.

Kelsey

I would say to myself, that although there can be many unexpected events, everything turns out well. So continue to work hard and do not worry about the stress or feeling tired because all the work you put in now will prepare you for the experiences you will later encounter. Do not be afriad to ask questions and spend time reflecting on the difficult answers. Independence and a lot of patience will pay off. Take the time to apreciate the blessing for the opportunity to advance your education and expand in personal growth so that you can positivley impact the world.

Prospective students should embrace the core values and traditions of the university in additon to a background of community service. Come willing to learn, grow, and recieve a global education no matter what your intnetions of major.

I love the location of the school in the heart of Lacey but you would never know it when your on campus. Its a private school that is highly respected and the professors are knowledgable, caring, and are dedicated to making sure students achieve higher uderstanding. Overall wonderful campus atmosphere.

Darren

Seeing how I am in a dual-enrollment program, I am still "half-a-senior". However, the best advice I could give anyone, myself included, would be to manage one's self well ( this includes time management and personal desicions). With management comes organization and punctuation. With those skills, any class can be undertaken and completed with success. Hidden within these skills are also personal developments. Punctuation is a key factor when applications or interviews are required. If correct management is implemented, there will be time for one’s personal interests. Personal interests are what really drive a good education. Management is what allows doors to be opened.

Aleksandra

After the experience I have had with transferring into a college environment and being a college student, I realized that when the time came for everything to actually happen, I wasn't really ready. My teachers prepared me for the academic side of college but not the transition into college. My advice to myself would be to always accept help from whoever offers it. By not accepting help, you make everything harder on yourself; and while accepting help, you could learn something new that will benefit you on your college journey. Also, no matter what, always try to get involved with campus life and activities. Don't just go to class and then back to your dorm or house. The people you will meet and the friends you can make will last you a life time and make college that much better. My last piece of advice to myself would be to never be afraid to take a leap into something new. The more fear you have, the smaller chance of accomplishing something and in the end, you will just be holding yourself back from being the best person you can be.

Iman

Although Saint Martin's is small, the people here are extremely supportive and welcoming, and the faculty are extremely helpf...

Although Saint Martin's is small, the people here are extremely supportive and welcoming, and the faculty are extremely helpful.

I would tell myself to study more and focus more in class. Just because you understand the basis of the material and what the teachers are talking about, that doesnt automatically mean that you are going to do well in the call. To get the grades you want, you have to do more work than just going to class and taking notes. Although the books may be boring, take the time to read them- it helps.

The best thing about my shcool is that the class sizes are small. The professors get to know your name and they also pay more attention to you than they would at a larger school. A lot of the professors even allow you to set up one on one time with them to get help with the class. It makes learning and listening a lot easier.

taylor

in my opinion my school does not exclude anybody. everybody is welcome to give saint martins university a chance. the only time there may be a problem is when people so not want to do their work and only want to party and have fun. my school is a catholic college, however that does not mean they only except catholic people.

the best thing about my school is the small enviroment. unlike alot of colleges, at my school it is easy for students to make arrangments with their teachers if they need help with work, it is also very to get help for tutors as well. i also like how my school is very big on giving back to the community.

if i sould go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would tell myself to start applying for scholarships as soon as my senior year started. when it was time for me to really start getting my things for my room at school, i was very stressed out and depressed. being raised in a single parent home it has always been just my mother and me. so when we got my finicial aid pack and it told us that we needed to come up with 10,000, i was heart broken. i knew there was no possible way that my mother could come up with that money in the little time we had. i would also tell myself that college is not all they you expect it to be. coming into college i thought it was going to be so difficult with the transition from high school to college but i feel like i handled it very well.

Saint Martin's University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.