Salem State University

« See more reviews of Salem State University

What I have learned from my college experience so far is that your surrounded with all kinds of people and its up to you how you cope with it. In college you grow to the person that your meant and suppose to be with the help of the people your around on the daily bases. In college I learned early on what I wanted out of life and what I didnt want out of life; which to me is amazing at such an early age. I know its going to take a lot of hard work but I know through college I can make it. Its vaulable to attend college ecspecially in the economy now because most jobs look upon college graduates rather than high school graduates and nothing else. For me if I have to chance to further my education why not take the chance that some others can only dream of.

College is what you make of it: seize all the opportunities! Balance, balance, balance: eating vegetables and exercising are not healthy to forget Take random classes; you may find a new passion Communicate: Say what you mean in a straight-forward manner Get to know yourself: What do you want from college? Where do you see yourself? Do not be so afraid: Be brave and bold! Meet new people Make a list of goals you want to accomplish on-campus (for example, find the underground tunnels or go to the observatory) Go out once a month with friends and explore the city Attend classes and professor's office hours: Do not be intimidated by professors! They are there to help you. Take thorough notes Always have back-up chocolate supplies!

To students, make sure you take in everything about the school. Make sure you visit and talk to the teachers and professors in your major so you have a really clear idea of what school is going to be like for you. Also, if you cannot have a car freshman year, make sure the convienence store isn't 20 miles away and there is transportation around campus. Don't pick a school because your parents want you to go there, if you feel it is right for you, then that's the school for you. It's your life now and you are in full control! Get involved. I played sports all throughout high school and still in college. Even if it's not a varsity sport, they have club teams too. Keep yourself having fun, cause the books can get boring!

It has been valuable to attend salem state university, because i get the opportunity to explore how good i can make it on my own. This also gives me the chance to meet new people and get to resive an education i have always wanted too. my biggest dream has been to accomplish and education my mother never got a chance to. my life has always revolve around my education, i might not have the highest GPA but i have always worked hard to get were i am today. Taking risks and also challenges that have made everything more difficult for me to keep my mind on my education sometimes. I love the fact that Salem State University gave me to attend their college and the opportunity to make me a better human being.

Keep your eyes open kiddos. There's a school out there for everyone. Do not base your choice on tuition. Sure, you won't have to pay off college loans the rest of your life, but sometimes people make the wrong choice for the wrong reasons. Explore the country when looking for schools. It's a big world out there don't get stuck in the same place the rest of your life, unless that's what you're looking for. Make sure you're comfortable where you are. College is about getting to know what you're made of and if you feel out of place it makes the experience a lot more difficult. Parents, help out your kids. Make sure they expand their horizons. Don't follow your dreams, chase them.

I have attended 3 different schools throughout the 4 years that I have been in school. I did not know what I wanted, and because of that I was extremely lost and confused in the beginning. Throughout the past 4 years I have really discovered who I am. It has been very difficult at times, but even more rewarding than I ever could have imagined. I would not change a thing. I have become the type of student, friend, athelete, and sister that I can honestly say that I am proud of. I owe a lot of that to Salem State College. During my time at Salem State College I have discovered exactly what I want to do in life and I could not be happier.

Well as i have gotten involve at the school; my experience is really amazing. The people we get to work with are terific. As we bring the community together and make it feel like a more homely environment. The commuinity itself gets to know the people that might just live in their residents hall but they maight not know. It has been really valuable to attend this school because maybe another school would of never gave me the chance to show how good of a leader i can be when it comes to others. I try to make the best of it because of the fact that i like other to experience what i have experience in my life journey.

Don't be afraid to just walk up to a group of people and sit down. You can always just sit in silence for a while and listen, or you could contribute to the conversation. Don't forget that learning doesn't just take place in the classroom, it takes place in the halls, in the dorm rooms, in the dining halls and anywhere else that there are people who are different from yourself. Take chances, and try something new. Push yourself to do something that you are afraid of, because once you accomplish it, you can do anything. Always do what makes you truely happy, and spread that peace to those around you.

I believe the best advice I could give to myself in regards to what I know now about college and making the transition from High school is telling myself to stay focus in my academics, get good grades, and apply for scholarships. Those were some of the biggest faults I made when I was a High school student. I would also tell myself to speak up and ask questions, I found myself as a High school student afraid to talk to teachers and guidance councilors for the fear of looking stupid. Now I realize how much support and advice I missed from my High school that I could have taken advantage of.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to seriously thinking about my decision and research different schools in my area. I knew I didnt want to live away, so I felt like salem state was my only option. Going into colled with an undeclared major and still undecided two years later, I tend to think I made the wrong decision and now im stuck. If I could go back, I would tell myself to go to a community school to save myself the money, pressure to decide on a major, and time wasted in classes that might not be towards my chosen major.