Salisbury University

« See more reviews of Salisbury University

It is hard to think of the most frustrating thing about my school because I am pleased with all aspects of the University. However, if i had to say something that frustrates me I would say that the overwhelming increase of students for the year 2009 was a down fall. Although Salisbury University is flourshing it had a negative affect on the upcoming freshman and the number of available housing units on campus. Therefore I was forced to live off campus in an appartment. It is a nice facility but very expensive.

This past January Salisbury University raised tuition for the spring semester $62 dollars after many students had already paid for it. This may seem like a small amount, however it is frustrating not only because it came after many had paid, but also because this tuition increase was due to a budget miscalculation. It escapes me how the school's budget committee made such a mistake as to necessitate charging each student $62.

Infrastructure was a major issue. The campus was outdated, and small as far as academic facilities went. There was not enough specialized space for students in a particular major to really grasp the concept of their studies (labs, equipment, etc). Since I have graduated the school has expanded immensely, and had focused on updating the academic environment to create a cutting edge learning experience for students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the dorms. I got put in the smallest dorm on campus in the oldest building on campus. It was frustrating trying to share a small space they called a room with someone else and their belongings. My roomate and I got along, but just the fact that we were in a room smaller than a closet with 2 beds, 2 desks and 2 dressers made life in the dormatory a bit complicated.

In my first semester at SU i have found the most frustrating thing to be that some of the Professors don't seem to have, or want to have, the time to speak to you after class. Mid-semester I had some questions that i needed clarified and didn't want to take up, what i thought was valuable, classtime. I requested for some face to face time, but was not grated it.

Most of the time, teachers dont offer an opprotunity to make up late work except under very harsh circumstances. Some teachers do, however, the majority of them cannot sympathize with a college student and what goes on to make us turn our work in late.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. There is rarely ever parking available and it is difficult to recieve a parking permit. The campus police officers give out tickets for ridiculous reasons

The lack of parking spaces is the most frustrating. A parking pass costs $175 a semester but most of the time you can't even find a spot. There is no street parking anywhere near campus.

There has been a lot of known robberies taking place on and off campus lately. The Salisbury Police are not as helpful as a college student would hope they would be.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is underrated. Some people think that Salisbury is a party school when I completely disagree.