San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

What I wish I would have known before coming to San Francisco State would probably have to be the difficulty of finding a place to live. Being underage and attending college but not getting dorm space made it difficult to find a place to live, the landlords that I would usually talk to would not let me rent their apartment , so I had to get a roommate that was 18 so we could both find a place to live.

I would still attend this school if I had known but would have attended a little later so that I can save money by working low-paying minimum wage jobs. In any case, attending the school for it's economic situation or knowing that the economic situation -- both worldwide and domestically, would still make me attend my current school for all it's qualifications that fulfill my standards.

I wish I had know that tuition was going up the second semester I attended. Now the fourth semester I am going to enroll in is going to experience severe budget cuts. Some classes that I need may not be available, so my education may be prolonged and it will eventually cost me more than I had anticapated. I also wish that I knew the economy would be in turmoil like it is now.

I wish I would have been more educated about learning how to study properly. Although I was enrolled in AP classes in high school Learning how to study was never a real priority...Now it is what passing a class really comes down too. Even if you complete every homework assighnment you will not truely benefit without knowing how to properly study.

One of the things I wished I had known before I started attending SFSU was a bit more about how the classes were going to be. At SFSU, when you start attending new classes each semester, you can never be quiet sure how the class is going to be, so that is something that I wish I had know before hand.

I wish I would have know what I wanted to go to school to become so I would have taken the right general education classes my first year. I also wish I would have known that there are not many openings in the science related classes so you have to register as early as possible to get in.

If only I had known that the school was a commuters school and that it had no school spirit, I would have attended a different school, where it would be easier to make friends so that I would not have to feel so alone when I am far away from any family and friends from back home.

I wish that I had known the difficulty to enroll in classes. I also would have liked to have known all of the requirements for my major. the school breaks down its graduation requirements very well but there was no hint at how many requirements there actually were.

As much as I enjoy living in this beutiful city of San Francisco, I wish I would have known the price of living in the Bay Area. The cost of rent for a small room in a boarding house is equivlant to rent for a full size house in other locations.

I wish I had known more about the extracurricular activities offered and the clubs and organizations around the school. I also wish I knew a little bit more about how the classes are scheduled and what each of the course numbers stood for.