Sanford-Brown College-Tampa

« See more reviews of Sanford-Brown College-Tampa

I would tell myself to stay focus and to finish all my work on time. Also to do my best and make the best grades as possible. I would make sure that I hold myself accountable for my actions and all the decisions that i make. I would make sure that i would attend all of my classses promtly and make sure that i learn all that i can learn. You only get one shot out of life don't take life for granted. I would make sure to hold on to all of the knowledge that I've learned over the years so that i wont forget what i learned. I understand now that knowledge is power and it holds the key to my success. I know that i shouldn't take anything for granted and that i'm blessed to have a second change to redeem myself. I would also let myself know that its almost impossible to correct your mistakes so choose wisley and think before you make a decision that could impact your life because one decision could change you future.

I have currently been studying for the health care field and its not as easy as i thought it would be. I know high school teachers said it would be hard, but you can bever really prepare yourself for how hard school may be. College has really helped me to see how much i have grown and how much more i will grow in my academics and maturity. College is nothing that should be taken lightly as i have just learned after finishing my first semester. I didn't understand the difference between studying in high school and in college. I knew i would have to study to maintain good grades and especially a good gpa in college but i never knoew how much i would have to study. This semester taught me alot in learning how to balance school and life and teaching me my real responsibilities. I want to thank you for your time and considering me for the scholarship. Thank you.

I've only attended one semester of college so far and I'm just starting my second. Even with having just completed one semster I've really learned the value of earning a college degree now. Most people see the value of college as getting a successful job and bettering their life in the future. The value of my college experience goes deeper than that. I will be the first person to finish in my family with a 4 year degree. Not only does that make me strive to reach my highest potential but also because I've never seen my parents so happy with me other then when I showed them my first semester of college grades. They can see the determination I have and put into my college experience and how I have no desire to drop out or stop now. Even though college can be quite costly it is worth every penny to see how proud my parents are of me.

Attendig college and moving out of my house, I have learned who I am and what kind of lifestyle I want. By not having my parents around I have learned to be my own person and make my own decissions. With making my own decissions I have come to make a lifestyle of my own. I eat healthier then my family and I find time to exercise everyday at least 30 mins. Being at college I have found who I am and figured out what kind of life I want. Also I have learned so many new things and had so many new experieces that I never whuldo have learned any where else. I have learned things that will help me through out my life with my carrer, interactions with others and my family. College is an experiance that everyone should get. Without this year in college I would be lost in the worldand not know who I am and what I want to do with my life.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself, “This is just the beginning! Don’t stop now!” After going through my senior year of high school, I realized that I didn’t push myself to the fullest of my abilities that I knew I could. This started when I transferred from a private school to a public school my junior year in high school. Because I was taking only 4 classes at public school, compared to my 8 at private school, I felt like I could take a step back and relax a little more. Because of this attitude that I developed, my GPA went down. If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would make sure I understood what was about to happen if I didn’t get my mindset on the correct course and know that this is just the beginning of what is to come.

My experience at IADT has given me an opportunity to work at my own speed, yet succeed. I have attended an On Ground Campus prior to attending IADT and have found that you become more independent when you have to work alone yet have connections with the school staff and your peers. Being Online is very exciting...you don't know who you will be in class with and what state they are from. Most On Ground campuses have students from the surrounding area near the campus while this form of education gives one an opportunity to meet with others from different parts of the United States and abroad. Is found that the OnLine Educational experience is a challange (which I like), it is a way to become more independent, more efficient with ones time, more reliable, and turns one into a thinking individual.

My college experience has taught me that nothing is impossible. I am currently employed full time and taking 20 credit hours this semester in hot persuit of my degree. All of my classes are done online but are normal semester classes, not designed to be fast paced. My work load has been immense and at times I've wondered how I could possibly get it all done. Yet I stay up late, get up early, and study during my lunch hour. I'm planning on getting a 4.0 GPA this semester and am on track to do so. My current total GPA is 3.9. I didn't think I could possibly handle all of this, yet my wife's encouragement gave me the traction I needed to get started. I'm thankful she did and am surprised at the power of human will and of encouragement itself.

My experience in college is a weird one because of how im spending it. Most of the time i spend it practicing on my production techniques and my piano skills so i canbe ready and be at a skill were i im capable of being productive in my line of work. Truthfully i really dont want to go out most of the time is because i dont want to miss out on tryin to get better my skills but sometimes i do take a break from it too. I spend sometimes examining myself and my idea's and enjoying my interaction with people from my school because i learn alot from them and from them i learn alot about myself. To me so far this experience is a good one and beside the curriculm myself as a person is growing and learning more from this place in time of life my life.

I attended community college because of its cost, however I am now proud to say that I have earned my Associate of Arts degree (with honors), and I am ready to attend a four year university to get a Bachelors. College has been great because even though I was lost at times, I now realize how much I learned. I really want to be as educated as possible; I honestly love learning. I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life. I have a passion for Astronomy and German language. I have been taking German since high school, and did independent studies in community college. I really want to further my education in German. I feel good about what I have accomplished, and I feel well-rounded. I'm ready to concentrate on what I love!

College is a whole different ball game, get as many college credits as you can right now and really focus on what you want to major in. Don't get stuck on the idea of a "dream school" focus on the place that can give you the best education with the lowest expense to you. Find a reason to stay, get involved in whatever you can that gives you purpose, fufillment, and makes the whole experince wirth it that way when things seem hard you'll have somthing worth fighting for. Keep in touch with fmily and friends Network, STUDY, party, STUDY, try something new, STUDY, and when you have time to kill STUDY some more. Get in and out in 4 years and most importantly, learn to cook! After a full year of Mc Donalds no one is "lovin'it"