Saratoga Springs, NY

Skidmore College

« See more reviews of Skidmore College

Every year, right before finals, we have "Fun Day," an aptly named festivity. It is held outdoors, and the entire school heads to Library Green in hopes to forget their impending work for just a few hours. Student bands play all day, and there are bounce houses and a slip 'n' slide, as well as lots of free food and goodies. It is an opportunity to, at the end of the year, see all of your friends in one place, dance, and start working on that tan. (Wear sunscreen!) A newer tradition that I hope will continue is the Tang Party. It, too, is an outdoor event that is held on a Friday evening in the spring. It consists of an outdoor student art installation all around the campus museum (the Tang), student bands, and a movie that is projected on the side of this giant building (see http://tang.skidmore.edu).

One of my favorite campus traditions at Skidmore is an annual event known as Fun Day, which typically takes place at the end of April or early May. The entire campus gathers on south park green for a day of revelry and merriment. Our student government association rents out a selection of inflatables for students to use for the day. Additionally, a great line of student bands play for all in attendance. One of the reasons that I chose to go abroad during the fall semester is to ensure that I will not miss Fun Day.

My favorite tradition is definitely Fun Day--a campus carnival put on every spring by the student government. It is a day of live music, sunshine, inflatable rides, and fun of all sorts. Beyond that, the tree lighting ceremony every winter is amazing; we light up the major covered walkway with lights and on a snowy day it looks incredible.

It is one of the best Liberal Arts Colleges. It is best known for its Theater program as well as Music and Fine Arts. Many students on campus also favor the English classes. The campus is gorgeous and it is in a great location. The school is accomadating all around.

Being Liberal, extremely creative students, weed- smokers, having a beautiful campus surrounded by an awesome town

It's a major libieral arts college well known for its arts programs

the art and music departments... Creative Thought Matters