Saratoga Springs, NY

Skidmore College

« See more reviews of Skidmore College

I think overall, Skidmore is an amazing, amazing place. As soon as I stepped foot on that campus I knew it was right for me. Of course, I know people who have transferred. It wasn't right for them, and that's true, Skidmore is not right for some people. Most people I know are in love with it. I think that if what I have written has intrigued you, go check Skidmore out! I guarantee that when you step foot on that campus, you will be met with smiling faces and welcome arms. I hope that you love it as much as I do.

SKidmore is probably one of the best choices I ever made. I find its a good balance of academics and social activities amongst the student body. We party, but we are also a very serious campus that cares about alot of issues in the world and news today. I believe that the average skidmore student is a B+ student if not higher. We are a very passionate campus and the shcool has done a great job of helping us discover our goals and passions and giving us every oulet to achieve them.

The Skidmore community is different for ever student depending on their interests. When I visited the campus for the first time, I felt at home, like I belonged in the area and at the college. I highly recommend visiting in the middle of the winter to see what most of the school year will be like. It gets cold, but it makes the Spring that much better.

In general, as you have probably gathered from my previous comments, I hate this school and, if it was a person, I would wish tortuous, murderous death upon it. (I swear I'm not as much of a douchebag as I sound like in this survey, but I am extremely cynical). You should consider my comments as "another perspective" on Skidmore.

Skidmore truly is an academic environment with a strong commitment to creative thought. All of the teachers, professors and teaching assistants are strongly commited tosupporting academic excellence. In addition there is a campus wide commitment to social causes for the benefit of all mankind.

If you are ambitious about anything people look like you as if you just grew another head. It's disheartening that very few people on this campus want to move towards something great. and those very few are looked down upon. I've never heard of alumnae connections here at all.

420 is absolutely amazing. The liberal environment allows for the more conservative of people to dip their toe into the pool of leftist though without burning their vera bradleys or popped collars. The tuition is worth, but you have to assist in making it worth those 50Gs

If you are thinking of going to skidmore i suggest doing an overnight visit with a friend if you know someone who already attends or atleast make a trip up to saratoga springs to see the town. Its a hit or miss school, some love it some hate it.

SKIDMORE ROCKS idiots pull the fire alarm pretty often, especially when there's a big dance on campus & people are plastered. Skidmore drunks are funny, Skidmore stoners are hilarious. Our drinking department has a theater problem =D

Skidmore rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardly anyone transfers, except if they want to live in the city...and I don't know why you would want to do that, unless you are incredibly pretentious and can't bare to part with New York City or whatever.