Saratoga Springs, NY

Skidmore College

« See more reviews of Skidmore College

Some programs have proven to be much easier than others. However majors such as Art and the Sciences are extrememly involved and selective as well as difficult. Every so often you get an over achiever but in general people are just like you, trying to get through. The academic requirements are ridiculous and take time away from you major and what you really want to do.

skidmore eduaction in the business department i fell is geared toward working at the next level post college graduation. classes are competitive, students are competitive, and teachers really challenge their students to the point where class discussion carries outside the classroom. most unique class ive taken would have to be a latin american history class.

professors know my name, my favorite classes are my government classes that are generally 15-20 students large- we have heated discussions and debates - the classes are writing intensive but SO worth it - students are competitive but generally always willing to help another out - the government department is the most challenging but BEST department on campus

Skidmore students benefit from small class sizes and professors teaching every class, and are able to engage in one on one research opportunities with faculty that dont often happen on a undergraduate level. I have enjoyed being challenged by my classes at Skidmore and working closely with faculty- these experiences have certainly shaped my academic growth.

With the student professor ratio being 9:1, students get plenty of attention from professors. Students are competitive with themselves, not each other- which fosters a healthy academic environment for college students. The requirements are broad, allowing students to take classes they want rather than classes they might not enjoy.

You wouldn’t think that this school is as difficult academically as it is. Everyone is really good at what they are good at, which makes it a lot more difficult to try things that you aren’t necessarily good at. That being said I don’t see the library packed every Friday and Saturday night.

I absolutely love my professors and classes. Some duds of course, but for the most part Skidmore professors are incredibly intelligent and willing to get to know you and develop indepedent studies, summer research, theses, if you take the time to ask.

Tough! The classes level of difficulty depends on what teachers you get but for the most part the work load is heavy. For the English and History classes dont bullshit. You can get away with that a little more with the business classes.

Challenging - but not too competative. A lot of tender love and care by the professors here. They'll coddle you all you need. Majors are easy to complete. A lot of performing and exhibition opportunities for artists.

Professors at Skidmore are almost always willing to help you with anything you need. All you have to do is ask. Academic resources are always in abundance so long as the student takes the initiative.