Saratoga Springs, NY

Skidmore College

« See more reviews of Skidmore College

Coming from a Caribbean island, I have never truly experienced weather below sixty-five degress. Saratogoa Springs drops about eighty degress lower than that. While I knew that I was in for a "deadly" winter experience, it would have been nice to know the illness that comes along with a drop in temperature, and ways of prevention. I was sick for approximately two months this past sememester, which was rather unpleasant. If you are going to a school with weather much colder than your immune system is used to, bring A LOT of vitamin c!

I wish I had known how cold it would be, how immature people would be, and that there would not be the facilities that I could keep my horse at. Also, I have been very disappointed in some of the teaching, and I wish I had know how little value for money I would get.

I wish I had known how many extra-curricular activities Skidmore provides so that I would have better managed my time (specificially when I did my homework) so that I would have been able to participate in more extra-curricular activities

I wish that I had known what a burden it would be for my family to continue paying the tution. I wish I had known all options regarding financial aid, grants, scholarships etc etc.

How the social interactions worked at this school. It tends to be very clique-y and since it's a small school, there's not as much diversity in terms of personality, etc.

Nothing, no regrets.

How hipster it is