Southeastern Louisiana University

« See more reviews of Southeastern Louisiana University

Honestly, there is nothing truly frustrating about attending Southeastern Louisiana University. Everyone around campus is very friendly and willing to help out. The campus is not too big, so getting from class to class is very convenient. They have many activities available so that you can have fun while attending school. The library is fantastic while they also have a tremendous workout facility. I love going to Southeastern and now that I have been here for about seven months I know that I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

The most frustrating thing about school would be time management. You do not have anyone telling you when you should do somthing or what you should do. Being a mom, working full time, and being a full time student reqires some serious time management skills. Time management is the key to becoming a successfull college student. Learning how to become a responsible student is also another frustrating but mandatory task.

The most frustrating thing is the financial aid program. The people that work in the office are not very friendly, and finacial aid is really hard to get. Also, when you do get finacial aid it takes a long time for you to actually get the money, sometimes school has already started and you have to find a way to pay for school and then just get paid back.

Although there is a counseling center, I feel there is not much care for a person's emotional being. The faculty and staff stress education so much that they fail to realize that SLU is a more non-traditional commuter school and many students have full-time jobs and families.

The standards for nursing are really not fair. To qualify for nursing the minimum gpa score is a 3.5 it should be atleast a 3.0 or a 3.2. Many of us nursing undergrads don't even know if we will get into the program, and we are very determined, myself included.

That I am only able to major in elementary special needs education and not K-12 special needs education. That is why next year I have to transfer schools in order to major in K-12 special needs education.

The most frustrating thing about Southeastern Louisiana University is parking! It does not matter how early you get to school, you will still spend 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot.

The most frustrating thing about SELU is some of the curriculum requirements. The fact the curriculum is different from college to college for the same major is frustrating.

living on campus is not quiet. teh money to support some projects such as building hills on campus could be used for academic concerns.

courses are not that well defined. we do not have different physic and chemistry department. we have a separtment that handles both.