Southern Connecticut State University

« See more reviews of Southern Connecticut State University

I wish I had known how much the professor care about what you learn. While some may look at it as a way for them to be hard and develop a reputation I simply see it as their trying to get the student to push themselves and get the most out of the education they are paying for. I feel as though many schools lack the care of their educators towards the people they are educating. If I had been aware sooner I feel as though I would have attended this University sooner.

I wish I had known that, the transition from living with your parents to living on your own would be more easier but it wasn't for a while. Only because you are so used to your parents doing everything for you, that you don't know what you need to do, when on your own. Also , on the variety of food choices that we have on campus; most of the food is pretty nasty, and are basically the same thing every single day.

I wish I had known more about the acamdemics. I was unsure of what I wanted to study, and I wish that upon enrolling in the school I received more academic advisement before I signed up for my first semester of courses. I would have liked to have been able to talk to somebody from the university one-on-one about my education.

I wish that I had known how many students go home on the weekend. Campus is extremely quiet on weekends with not many things to do. Also, I was a cheerleader in high school so school spirit is a big thing for me. Not many fans attend football/basketball games and there isn't much excitement for athletics around campus at all.

I wish I was informed of the different activities more. I was not informed of anything really before going in. I did not really make any friends the first year, but hoping this year since I know how this runs I will do a better job at being envolved.

To be honest I loved SCSU...I had fun and the teachers were great. Its a great school to learn responsibilty and it will help you grow up quick...They treat you with respect and we were like family.

The size! I had no idea how big the student body was. I come from a small middle school and an even smaller high school. Enrolling into such a big-campused college was a little intimidating a first.

I wish I had known that the classes needed in order to graduate would not be offered when necessary and that some of the professors would not be helpful.

I wish i had known that the campus would be dead on the weekends and also that the presence of fraternities and sororities was low

the different housing, i live in an apartment owned by the school. i love it compared to the dorm i was in before.