Southern Oregon University

« See more reviews of Southern Oregon University

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who is strong willed, eager to learn, open to new possibilities, and comfortable in small class settings where discussions and group participation are often encouraged. With the class and overall size of this university, there lies a lot of potential for extreme learning opportunities and collaborative creative rub off. This liberal arts university is growing fast, and with the recent accredidation for the new, "Oregon Center for the Arts", interdisciplinary crossovers have become common place . With these endless possibilities, It's up to you for where you take it.

SOU is good for the arts and sciences, not so much if for sports. Teams exist, but they aren't the greatest. Being down the street from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, we're an arts school. It's a good size for people who are freaked out by large cities or schools, Ashland is a small town and SOU is a very supportive campus. People from large cities are sometimes bored. The main attraction is theater, the theater department at the school and the surrounding theaters are fabulous! There is also skiing on Mt Ashland for outdorsy types.

There are many different types of people in the world, from the outgoing to the more introverted. There can never be a certain type of person that should attend this school. The advice that I can offer though, is that each student must work efficiently and strive within their class environment. We each may be differing in some aspects, but we all still have our goals; to graduate and obtain the asparations that we wish to have within our lives. So I say to each of you, take the risk, work hard, and never give up.

I think that this school offfers alot of diversity. So I think that somone who has a lot of diversity or culture should attend this school. I also think that Southern Oregon University has alot to offer in acedemics, the proffessors are really supportive of the students and challenge the students when they need to be challenged. I think that anyone who wants to have fun, learn and by around different cultures then Southern Oregon Univerity is the place for you.

Southern Oregon University is a school open to all different types of students. The environment at SOU is so diverse that anyone is welcome and I'm sure he or she will have the time of his or her life. It is important that students be willing and ready to learn and expand their knowledge in subjects they are most interested in. I had a great experience at SOU and I am sure that any incoming student would feel the same way.

I don't think there is a specific type of person for this school. I think Southern Oregon University offers something for everyone with many diverse fields of study. I recommend this campus to everyone, the faculty are nice and are able to offer more insight into their area of study then any campus I have been to, and are will to provide additional help if you are having trouble understanding something.

Ashland is a small quiet community. Most students here are serious about their studies; however everyone makes time for friends and fun. Students looking to attend need to be alright with having to conjure their own fun and activities. Most students here are very friendly and polite to most everyone. SOU has a faily tight nit student body so the social, outgoing tpye fit in well.

A person who knows exactly what they want to do in their career that the school is know for (ex. Our Threater program is top ten in the nation). Since we are in the mountains, they should take advantage of the out door activites offered. This school, especially the city caters to non-traditional students very well, often leaving traditional students out sometimes.

People who learn better in small class environments. Also anyone with interest in working/majoring in theatre should attend this school. Since there is a small student body most of which are undergraduates), you will be able to participate and have major roles in the school plays unlike at bigger schools.

A person who enjoys small towns where everything is within walking distance would be a good fit for Ashland. Someone who is looking for a small college that has a lot to offer would enjoy SOU. A person who loves to be outdoors would enjoy Ashland, as well as a person who enjoys shopping.