Southern Polytechnic State University

« See more reviews of Southern Polytechnic State University

I brag mostly to my friends that SPSU is a great university that you apply can what you have learned as an undergraduate with apllications to the students field of study. Unlike, our rival, Georgia Tech, a research school, they dont not apply application to their field of study, therefore, their undergraduates are not familar as SPSU students with their field of study, which translates to a better understanding in a gradates field of work. Moreover, this is the reason our students are recruited more often than Ga Tech ; )

That we have a great engineering program that competes with Georgia Tech and that you actually learn not only the theoritcal aspect of the egineering and construction industry but also the technical aspect as well. I have had great professors and mentors that have inspired me to become a better student and motivated me to do the best i can. I have learned soo much from my professor where i have become confident in taking on new challeges that i might encounter in my career as well as in my personal life.

Our school is based on many different cultures and races, making it one of the most culturally diversed colleges. We have groups and organizations to learn more about their culture and helping us understand them more. We also have many unique clubs that most do not have including an anime club, bathtub race organization, and our own radio station. The campus is primarily guys since it's an engineering school, but there is still an abundance of female students here.

If you are interested in hands on learning southern polytechnic is a great school, it is demanding but you will learn something thats very beneficial. Also another great benefit that you may not be able to find at other schools is the close relationship that may be formed between the students and the professors. With the small class sizes you can really get to know your professors.

How responsive the professors are to students needs. I had a professor that invited me to his house to help me on a project my freshman year. I was very impressed by how much he cared for how well his students did in the courses. Ever since, I have seem examples over and over again of how much professors want their students so succeed.

Mostly I brag about all the great technology that I am getting to use and learn about. i tell them about my programming abilities that I have gotten from SPSU and being graded for these by making a Video Game. I also tell my friends about the Game Jams that my shcool sponsers where we stay up for 48 hours and make a game for competition.

I like to brag about the fact that Southern Polytechnic State University is one of the only University systems in the state of Georgia which offers an NAAB accredidate architecture program. A studentt can also be more focused on their scholastic achievements rather than being constantly interrupted with unethical campus nonsense.

I love the professors. They are VERY helpful and always willing to make time to explain problems that you might have. They make themselves very accessable and I have enjoyed talking to them in and out of class. The professors at SPSU make the subject very interesting and create an environment that is conducive to learning.

When telling my friends about my school, I brag about how great of an education I will be getting at this school with the smaller class sizes and more independent attention as a result of the smaller class sizes, as well as the great food and the exercise and all of the various opportunies and options we have on campus.

There are lots of labs with ample amounts of equipment, which translates to everyone having easy access to hands-on training. The professors are also very accessible to those that require assistence. Marietta is a good town, and the campus feels a lot like the students' home.