Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Paul

The students at Southern Polytechnic State University (now officially Kennesaw State University Marietta Campus) are, for the large majprity, very friendly, healpful, kind, and intelligent.

I would definitely pass on this one word of wisdom. Study. As a high school student, I was able to make straight A's in all classes save one my freshman year, and one my senior year, but I never had to study or try very hard. The level of difficulty did phase me. When I began my first semester, I was rudly awakened to the reality that college, at least the college I am attending, actually cared about you learning as opposed to simply regurgitating information. As a result of being so unprepared I slacked off the first half of the semester. Once realizing I was doing very poorly in my classes I tried hard to save my grades. I learned new study habbits, and made several B grades.

I would consider the worst part of my school to be the janitorial service for the freshman dorms. It might be surprising that this is the worst aspect of this school to me, but so many of the other aspects are out standing. The classes are small, from twenty to fifty students but many in the twenties, and great learning enviroments. The students are very kind and quick to make friends. The quality of the campus food serrvices is very good. The dorms are superb. I have completed one full semester and am completely satisfied with the rigorous classes.

austin

Keep organized and use ratemyprofessor.com. If you can keep yourself organized and up to date on our homework then college will be easy for you. Also, rate my professor is a must when creating your schedule to make sure you dont get a dud, because trust me, theres a lot of them.

the best thing about spsu is by far knowing that everyone has the same or very simmilar field that they are studying in so the networking possibilities are unparralell to any other universities.

I am a nerd that loves sports so I do fit in with the guys that go to the game and all that but there arent any of those guys at spsu and if there are they're few and far away.

Wayne

I would consider the worst thing about this school is the merger where we were just acquired by a larger school. As an engineering student, part of the reason that I chose this school dealt with the name that would be on my degree upon graduation. An engineering degree from Southern Polytechnic looks great to employers. I fear that as a result of the merger, my engineering degree won't carry the same effect saying "Kennesaw State University" as opposed to "Southern Polytechnic State University"

I would say that the type of person who should not attend this school would be someone who is looking to party for the duration of their time in college. Although there ARE parties that go on, someone who is looking to constantly party would be quite disappointed as they realize that there are not many parties that go on at this school

Aaron

My advice to my high school self would be to save my money and get a job before junior year, no matter how disgusting or annoying the task may be. The hardest part about my transition to college was having the finances to secure me in college. Also, if I had applied to more scholarships growing up, I may have had an easier time. So, note to (past) self, put forth all the effort you can to secure your financial future.

The kind of person that should not attend Southern Polytechnic State University is someone who is not self-driven. If one is not motivated, they will find it hard to get good grades and accomplish the tasks required in the allotted time.

When I brag about my college, I tell my friends about the great teachers I have. My teachers are exciting, hilarious, and always seem to ingrain new information in my head without struggle.

Casey

One of the best schools I ever attended!

One of the best schools I ever attended!

I would tell my high school self to stay focused and to push as hard as possible to acheive the goals set. Make sure that school comes first before anything else such as boys. Being a teenage mom can cause you to lose your way and to slow you down, so focus, focus, focus is all I can say. Attending college is one of the most important milestones in anyones life so if its what you want make sure you go for it. Always be smart when borrowing money such as loans. Only take what you are going to use to fund your education and if you have some left put it on your next semester. My main thing is always stay focus never let anyone or anything throw you off course.

Self motivated individuals, determined, dedicated, focused people. This is a great school you just have to stay focus and study to make sure that you are reaching your full potential.

Austin

The unique thing about Southern Polytechnic state is the small class sizes. A normal physics class will have 25 students, whereas at a larger school, the class could be 150 or more.

I would encourage myself to work on my study habits. The meat of your grade in college classes is tests. If you don't perform well on your first test in a math class, it pretty much messes you up for the whole semester. So, as a senior in high school I would work on taking good notes and reading all the chapters in the book. Many times in high school, you could get away with not really studying for a test and still come out fine. However, in college you don't have that luxury. It's essential to take time and really understand the material, or you will not do well come test day. Also, I think I would have told myself to be more outgoing and social. If you're a real quiet and shy person in high school, you're probably going to be the same in college. I wish I would have worked on talking to people and interacting more in high school, so I would feel more comfortable going up and talking to people in college.

The small class sizes are the best part. It allows you to have interaction with the professor and actually get to know them. If you go to a larger school, you are just another number in the professor's mind, and they can't really keep track of how you are performing.

Caleb

They are individuals of a high caliber in academics, honor and integrity.

They are individuals of a high caliber in academics, honor and integrity.

Changing history has always been a popular idea. Convincing high school me into making changes should be easy if I can get myself to listen to future me. I would tell myself to love more, worry less and make the best of every situation. My goal would be to impart passion about life and encourage myself to never stop using the power of imagination. I would tell myself to remain teachable and to learn from others. Informing myself that college is not a means to an end but it will give back as much as we decide to put in.

To know something is not always the key to success. I wish I had more wisdom to carry out my educational deciscions in a more effecient and timely manner. I now know that this wisdom comes from many others who have gone down similar paths ahead of my time. Coming to the realization that others are very willing to pass down such vital wisdom was the knowledge needed before entering my current institution.

Ryan

Online class availability. Experienced faculty who are willing to work with you and help you.

Ok buddy, first and foremost, take the Computer Science class you are so very afraid of. I know, you found the A+ and Networking stuff boring in high school. Your teacher was not that great and software is different. Sorry I couldn't tell you sooner but the time machine has its limits. Just do it. As it turns out you like it way more than your current major. It turns out you don't really like Chemistry that much. You will have a lot of fun (A LOT) in college, enjoy it, do as much stuff! Drink less, waste of time. Sleep more, you'll hurt yourself if you don't. Just make sure you go to class and encourage those around you to do the same. Finally, and most importantly, I know things seem catastrophic and scary, but (and get used to this phrase, you say it a lot), it's probably fine. Good luck kiddo. Wish I was you.

EL

The size of classes: with small classes you can learn a whole lot more, teachers know you on a first name basis and you can ask questions to the professors who give you undivided attention. This type of education cannot be found in larger engineering colleges.

Complete college studies immediately after high school without taking time off.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.