Southern Polytechnic State University

« See more reviews of Southern Polytechnic State University

Southern Poly is a school where students sit in small classes of about 10-30, maybe 40, students, depending on the subject. The professor has the ability to get to know you and is more willing to work you, because of the smaller class size. Southern Poly is an engineering school with both technology and engineering degrees. This works as an advantage compared to other school because you get to experience either hands-on or theoretical teachings. Overall, if you enjoy one-on-one teaching styles, work well with your hand, think outside of the box, it's for YOU!

There is not a specific type or kind of person that attends this school. This school is full of diversity and there are people from all over the world attend this school and teach at this school. A wide variety of degrees and programs are offered to anybody that is interested. This is a great school for people who like technology, architecture, math, arts, history, and much more. If someone is just looking for a great college experience with a great education, then this is a great school to attend.

Students who flourish at SPSU are those with a passion for their vocation. The work load can be immence and general education classes are thorough. Such an academic load requires a lot of self-initiated study outside of class to legitimately comprehend the material taught. It takes a deciplined individual to stay on top of the expected level of study at Southern Poly. This is a great school for those who are structured and enjoy the freedom to develop a personal learning style.

The people who should attend our college are students who are dedicated and motivated to get their degree and learn. This is not a school for the half-hearted and if you are not dedicated enough to do all your work or get involved in campus life, it will be a long college life for you. This school is also designed for students who don't intend to be limited to four years to get their degree. It is for people who are expanding their world and everything around them.

People who attend this school are usually good in math and sciences. This is an engineering school after all. There are some artistic people here who take architecture or fashion design but the majority of the students are engineering related. A lot of people here play video games in there spare time but there are some sports provided by the school such as basketball, ultimate frisbee, baseball, and soccer. I think this school gives equal opportunity to everyone.

Someone who is very interested in a "hands on approach" to learning science and engineering. The classes here are small and devoted to teaching students not only through lecture, but through actually building systems and setting up experiments. This type of school allows for students to be better prepared for what they will see once they enter their careers, and therefore, the students will outperform their peers from other universities.

The type of person that should attend this school is one that is into gaming of any kind, simply because many people here enjoy playing video games. This shouldn't stop your average student from attending this school either though. I personally have met plenty of people who enjoy participating in extra-curricular activities, sports as well. In fact, SPSU's soccer team was ranked #4 in the National Rankings in 2009.

I believe any person could attend this school and enjoy it. People that enjoy not only lerning about new technology, but also using new technology would enjoy SPSU. We have hands on learing in almost every class, and the teachers are great at helping you understand the material. If you like small classrooms and teacher interaction (not a class taught by a T.A.) then this is the place for you.

Southern Polytechnic State University is an mainly an Engineering school. But it also caters to students with an interest in IT, Psychology and Architecture. There're other majors as well but they're not as popular as the ones that I've mentioned. SPSU is a great school for students who love to be hands in with what they like to do and would love pursue as a career.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who really wants to be involved with the school. If you want a personal environment where the staff and proffessors around campus know you and can help you than Southern Poly is good for you. Its by no means an easy school but you do not have to go through college as just another student of 20,000.