Southern Polytechnic State University

« See more reviews of Southern Polytechnic State University

This university has a great engineering program to where it is very competitive with the top egineering school here in the state of Georgia that would be Georgia Tech. The number of students enrolled are not alot which makes it good for a better student-professor relationship where the interaction between students and professors are at a high level. The university is in a very remote area and the traffic is not too busy which makes an ideal university for students who want an easy commute to school but also want the feeling of being close to alot of businesses.

Southern Polytechnic State University always has fun and exciting events presented by the many organizations and clubs. This school truly keeps their students entertained with activities. The school supports everything including: movies and foreign films, campus wide water gun battles, recycling and going green, and currently research to help relieve the Haitians' affected by the earthquake. Southern Polytechnic State University provides an excellent academic environment and a superior campus life making this school one of the best schools in Georgia.

The best thing at the school would have to be the diversity of the students. I am in architecture, and in my classes, people from many countries bring their opinions about architecture to the table. It opens up the possibilities in architecture, as well as allows me to understand the various cultures and their lifestyles. Not only that, but it's interesting to learn about other countries and the people that live in them.

The best thing about the school is that it is a smaller college. You know the people walking around campus. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. It's more than just a school, its a community that you grow in. This motivates me and others to do better in school and also builds lifelong connections and friends.

The class sizes are great and, for the most part, the professors know what they are talking about and are pretty helpful. Also, there are labs for almost every major-related class that you take, which helps offer a TON more hands-on experience than if you were taking a class that was lecture only.

Southern Polytechnic is a great school because of the teachers. The teachers really want to help their students and are always availible after class or in their offices. On top of that the class sizes are small so the teachers are able to interact with students much more than other schools.

The natural feeling with the availability of the city down the road. We have woods that we can go into, but we can also walk to Wal-mart if we don't have a car too. Plenty of faculty who are willing to help you with whatever you need or, at least, direct you to where/who you need to go to.

I would consider the student-teacher ratio to be the best. This fact allows the teachers to help the indivitual student on a deeper level. Accordingly, the students will then have the ability to excel in many more areas, than if he/she would have been able to by themselves.

The small class sizes are the best part. It allows you to have interaction with the professor and actually get to know them. If you go to a larger school, you are just another number in the professor's mind, and they can't really keep track of how you are performing.

The size of classes: with small classes you can learn a whole lot more, teachers know you on a first name basis and you can ask questions to the professors who give you undivided attention. This type of education cannot be found in larger engineering colleges.