Baton Rouge, LA
Southern University and A & M College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern University and A & M College

Kobie

Great school to start your foundation, find great life long friends, and build something that will carry you through the rest of your life. This school has a strong family atmosphere with people willing to do anything inorder to make sure you are have the best time.

Makenzie

Southern is truly a great school, I love it so far. It is really exciting when there are things going on, but the faculty and staff are a big help to the students on campus. Everyone here has nice hospitality which makes interacting with everybody easy and that's one thing was concerned about. The environment makes you feel as if you are home and not an outsider. Overall so far, it has been a good experience for me, I would recommend students to attend Southern University.

Henry

Southern University is a great school with much to offer. The student life is quite exciting when there are things taking place on campus. Faculty/ Staff are extremely helpful when it comes to helping advise and teach students. The one negative thing I can say about Southern University is that some of the facilities are in poor condition. If that can be corrected, Southern could be a school second to none.

Shy'Aelha

I have been going through hundreds of colleges for weeks now. This is the college that fit all of my criteria and I am loving everything I am hearing so far. Nothing majorly bad has shown up, and if it did, it was a one person issue.Campus safety not only protects the students, faculty and staff, but your property as well. No matter what time of day, there are officers walking as well as patrolling the area to ensure our safety.

Atiya

I love the family demeanor everyone gives off a very welcoming personality and it makes you just enjoy your experience at an HBCU College. When you first step foot on the campus you immediately feel the adrenaline of adulthood coursing through your veins. The entire college experience is truly amazing and exciting all at the same time I would invite any student to apply for Southern University.

Ozzie

Southern University and A&M is a melting pot full of highly movtivated students and teachers, not only providing an education, but enhancing students social awareness on their journey to becoming fanatical human beings.

The reason why college is so important is not just because of the education it provides you. It allows you to enhance to your comprehension skills, which will make you more competitive when entering a work enviorment. I know it may seem like a prison sentance of four years, but think of it as a safe haven for you to meet innovative people like yourself, and turn your dreams in to goals. My advise to you is to go to school and find out who you want to be in life, stay young as long as you can. The hardest part of living is growing up, so why not put yourself in an enviorment of people who will make that transition easier for you.

I would advise a person who does not want to be judged because of their uniquness, but yet welcomed by their differentiation to attend this institute.

Angelique

My favorite classes are Chemistry classes. My least favorite classes are the Physics classes. Class participation is very common and the professors will make sure you understand by giving you time to think about the answers before giving them orally.The students are really competitive, but will look out for one another to make sure they all understand. They usually share the information they have already and whatever is not known, they try to explain it to the best of their knowledge.

Paige

I would say keep an open mind. Be aware that everything is not always the way it seems. Do your research and keep applying for scholarships. I would emphasize the importance of good grades and a positive attitude.

There's not enough funding. Historically black colleges and universities aren't funded like other public or private predominately white institutions. As a result, staff is cut and scholarships are extremely limited. Professors can't even teach full-time which causes office hours and other resources to be limited.

Bruce

If i could go back through time to inform myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself that I shouldn't feel afraid to call college because they are really helpful and are willing to work your problem out. Also really work to complete and turn in those local scholarship packets to Mrs. Sullivan because everyone who filled them out got scholarships. All of that money that you could of gotten would really make it easier than having to search all over the internet to find scholarships to help you pay for those classes. You got your grades where you want them so you should be alot more social. Also once you graduate remember to pack in your sound system somewhere in those boxes, it could make all the difference when your sitting in your dorm studying. Now, you may think that your going to be in Nome for a week after graduation, turns out you leave 18 hours after so you should really hit it up with your friends because you will not have much time.

The best thing about my school in my opinion is that the faculty there is very nice and kind. They are very helpful if you are lost in all the college hypes.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a person that is looking for a well rounded campus with friendly faculty.

Blosom

My school is a superlatve university which meets the finest requirements in regards to a obtaining a great education, diversity, entertainment, student involvement, and adequate in helping their students find post graduate job opportunities.

My freshman year in college I decided to try out for the cheerleading team at my university but did not make the team. I did not engage in any of the extracurricular activities on campus, had very few friends, and produced good grades; however I could have done better considering my amount of free time. I greatly missed the simple joys that cheerleading brought to me. I finally confess that my pride was crushed and I felt as though I was at my lowest point because I was not doing anything that was self-fulfilling. The following year I tried out for the team and made it! Subsequently, that semester and the semesters that followed my grades were ecstatic! I discovered that because I was a happier person doing something that I loved, my performances in other aspects of my life were also improving. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would go back and get involved in some kind of extracurricular activities such as student government or one of the many organizations on campus. It made me a more diverse student and allowed me to network and make friends that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Campus dining is the worst thing on campus in my opinion. I feek as though we should have more options and not have to question what we are eating.

Southern University and A & M College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.