Baton Rouge, LA
Southern University and A & M College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern University and A & M College

Jhonothen

The most important thing that I would tell myself would probably be to always look forward and not to live in the mistakes of the past. I would always want to try to strive to be the best possible but that's incredibly difficult when you are strained by the thoughts of failure. I think that if I told myself just this then my entire senior year would have turned out differently and I wouldn't still be thinking about the mistakes. However, something else I would tell myself would be to always strive to do the best you can with the time you are allowed. This would definitely change my life.

william

Even though were different we still treat every one like family

It's time to grow up. You dont have time to be a kid any more. It's time to own ou to your responbilities and become a man. Your parents and friends believe in you but for some reason you don't believe in your self. If believe in your self because you are a strong person, you will be able to accomplish anything you desire . Just believe in god and your lord and savior jesus christ and the will gide you to glory

Loreal

if I could go back as a High School senior, the advice i would give myself is, "take your time." i was such in a rush to go out and experience the big world without asking for help from older advisors. i would also tell myself, stay calm and prepare for any difficult tasks. In college there is no more "hsnd feeding" it is you go out and do for yourself, or you will be left with anything. As a college studebt, I've been finding more and more about nyself. To evety student thinking if coming to.college, be prepared for a life changing journey! Most of all, have fun!

Latona

I have always said that if I could only go back to my senior year, things would be different. I ran track and I have always wanted to go back to my last state trackmeet. I feel that if I would have ran my race instead of letting the ran intimidate me, it would have changed my life. I would have had scholarships and would have finished school in four years instead of dropping out and having to come back and complete my education.

This is my second attempt in finishing my degree. If I had known then what I know now, I would have taken college more seriously. I did not attend classes and study as I should. I came to school and thought it was fun time.

That I am older and I should have completed my education when my parents were paying for it and now I have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

Devon

I would have gotten a better GPA before I graduated from high school. Then I would have continued to work hard to maintain the GPA so I would have gotten a better job fresh out of college.

Students that are serious about learning and being able to take care of themselves professionally. Southern University gets you prepared for the real world in more ways than one.

tarik

In college, you have to learn to set your priorities straight. Its a whole different world from high school. You have to be more responsible, and have to make up for your actions. There is nobody there to hold your hand, or get on your case when you mess up. You have to play parent and student at the same time.

The one thing i brag the most about is the Human Jukebox marching band. We have the best band in the land.

The most frustrating thing about my school is trying to take care of financial aid.

When I was a senior and deciding where I should go for college , it was kind of a diffcult time for me. I wanted to get away from home, but not too far away in case I got homesick. If I were to go back and tell my senior self about college and the transition, I would say to think and consider your college decision . I am currently in the middle of transferring from Southern University to Univeristy of Louisiana at Lafayette. I saw that by being there, it was not the place for me. I was surrounded by people who did not have the same interest as I did in bettering myself and attempting to receive a quality education. I did not feel comfortable there and I would not want my senior self to go through the same. Secondly, I would tell myself to finally take this opportunity of going to college and grow and change as an individual because you find yourself through the things you do. Finally, I would say that not to worry much about transitioning. If you keep a good, open mind and work hard, it will be easy for you. Good luck to you.

I think the worst thing about the school is that most people are putting more focus on partying than their academics.

I think a person who is used to balancing partying and academics should attend this school.

Nathan

In addition to education, I've achieved confidence during my college enrollment. Each day I attend my classes is a constant reminder of the hard work and efforts that my professors and others undergo every day to make the lives of their students a success. I am incredibly grateful to have met the individuals that I have regarding my area of interest, field of expertise and area of my major - Mechanical Engineering/Physics/Mathematics. I am appreciative of their time they dedicate each day to improve the educational standards of the institution as a whole and not just in their class room. College of Dupage's Engineering/Physics/Mathematics department is arguably their strongest and many of those involved in these departments volunteer their free time not only to the college but go above and beyond to provide assistance to their students and anyone, really, interested in their fields. I hope that one day I will be able to influence students in the same manner they have inspired me to succeed to the very best of my abilities.

Rolanda

Southern University and A&M College is the best university to attend if you want a higher education, the feel of home, and the loving comradery we have with other universities.

Although my school is categorized under the title of Historically Black College and Universities, its diversity is insurmountable. Southern University and A&M College offers a variety of academics, prepares you well in advance for your future career path, and students are also able to have one on one time with their professors as if they were in small calssroom setting.

What I have gained so far from attending Southern University and A&M College is the ability to not be afraid to have a voice. Being here has taught me to break free of my being shy and to speak. I have also learned how to network and be patient. The people I have met from networking have turned out to be friends for a lifetime who I can call on for any situation and know the job will be done. The most valuable part of attending Southern University is the sense of accomplishment I feel with my academics from this historically black college. It is a place that keeps me grounded and serene from all the chaoses that go along with becoming an adult.

Southern University and A & M College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.