Southern University and A & M College

« See more reviews of Southern University and A & M College

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition,If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to remain focus and that only the strong survive. I would tell myself that a party can wait and that my school work is more important. If i can go back I would tell my parents to continue to support me and not give up on me. I would tell myself not to let anyone change me and at the end of the day the only person that can judge me is God.

Jonathan, there are aloth of things to look foward to when going to college. the freedom you will have will be like somthing you'v never had before. But you need to learn how to settle down and study. College is not all about parties but remember, always have a little fun. College is going to be like nothing you have every expected. But remember your there for a reason, and that is to get an education and aslong as you remember that, you'll be fine.

My advice is to take your time and actually look into the college of your choice to make sure it's actually for you. Don't base your opinion on a college just because your friends are going there or whether your parents are alumni there. Make your choice strictly off the bases of your contentment with that college. The only person you need to please is yourself and it's your future at hand. You will be happier with your decion in the long run.

I have always said that if I could only go back to my senior year, things would be different. I ran track and I have always wanted to go back to my last state trackmeet. I feel that if I would have ran my race instead of letting the ran intimidate me, it would have changed my life. I would have had scholarships and would have finished school in four years instead of dropping out and having to come back and complete my education.

It's time to grow up. You dont have time to be a kid any more. It's time to own ou to your responbilities and become a man. Your parents and friends believe in you but for some reason you don't believe in your self. If believe in your self because you are a strong person, you will be able to accomplish anything you desire . Just believe in god and your lord and savior jesus christ and the will gide you to glory

The advice that i would give to these parents and students would be to find a school that the are most comfortable with. Upon making my decision to attend my university i asked myself ,"could I look back and be happy that i made this decision?" Find a school that allows you to enjoy everything it has to offer in addition to providing you with the best education u could receive.

Krystal, Understand that collge may not be what you expect at all, but be very optimistic. Realize that you are the only one that has your best interest at heart. You will learn alot and you may also learn that you know way more than that of your peers. A social life will not mean that much once you see what you have to choose from. Keep God first always and your family close.

I have gotten that a student was be able to make that transition from high school to college. Some students found out the hard way. They may have flunked out or close to it. Also, having good grades in high school pays off. I was able to get a grant because of my gpa in high school. It has been valuable to me because i've learned so much about my school as well as my major.

The advice that I would give to myself is to study hard and continue to strive to graduate on time. Yes I know you will enjoy the parties and the games, but you will either stay in school too long or you will drop out. It is important that you study early, that way you will graduate early, and you can pursue your career. College may be fun, but it is also hard work.

I would first tell myself to pray. I would make sure that I knew the value of my faith and how I would need it all throughout my college career. I would stress the fact that studying is important. I would tell myselft to join some social groups and become an important part of making my campus better for those who come after me.